Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Brisket Camp V, Oct 20th in New Orleans

Comments

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,867
    74 percent cases were fully vaccinated and still you dont see many wearing masks. this was a cluster on cape cod last week

This kind of headline is unfortunate, because people are concluding that vaccination isn’t providing any protection, which is just incorrect.

the headline is a bit misleading but even vaccinated are now carriers spreading it around to vaccinated and unvaccinated. looks like your chances of getting it arent lower, just getting it bad is lower if you are vaccinated. i think i read this was actually in P-town. people really do need to put there mask back on, was in the maine I95 rest stop friday and masks were 1 in a hundred and the lot is full of florida and other southern states, you couldnt find a better way to  distribute coved thru maine
    Yes I understand what’s going on.

For me the important thing is that about 99% of the current covid deaths are for unvaccinated people. That tells you all you need to know, in my opinion.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,168
    From @JohnInCarolina back on July 28th:  "People who got vaccinated and did the right thing are now being asked to put masks back on to protect the unvaccinated idiots from themselves.  I’m tired of a recalcitrant minority of the citizenry holding the collective group of thinking people hostage."

Nailed it!  However, I don't see an end-point to this in sight.  Sad, sad, state of affairs.  Too selfish to think about anyone else.  I will not get sucked into the "F" vortex right now although it is a struggle.
    Stay healthy and safe out there-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    ColbyLang said:
    FYI mask mandate back in effect indoors ages 5 & up in Louisiana. Including all schools. Yay
    Yeah.  32% total vaccinated in LA.  Hospitals are starting to go on diversion because they're filling up with covid patients again.  More doctors and nurses are going to throw in the towel, we're already very short on medical staff.  I would hate to need emergency medical assistance in the BR area right now. 

Off topic, but I learned that the federal government doesn't consider EMS an essential infrastructure.  And only 11 states do.

Off topic, but I learned that the federal government doesn't consider EMS an essential infrastructure.  And only 11 states do.

Apparently the E isn’t for Essential.
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Apparently the E isn’t for Essential.
    The “E” is for enema. Can’t believe you didn’t know that  ;)

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• JethroVA
    JethroVA Posts: 1,251
    ColbyLang said:
    FYI mask mandate back in effect indoors ages 5 & up in Louisiana. Including all schools. Yay
    Yeah.  32% total vaccinated in LA.  Hospitals are starting to go on diversion because they're filling up with covid patients again.  More doctors and nurses are going to throw in the towel, we're already very short on medical staff.  I would hate to need emergency medical assistance in the BR area right now. 

Carey, thanks for calling out the EMS issue.  Former EMT here and 12-year term on board of directors for Richmond (VA) Ambulance Authority, a nationally designated High Performing EMS.  I put together an infamous presentation comparing the average cost for the city to have Bubba tow a car and the reimbursement from the state for two paramedics to show up with a quarter million$ portable Emergency Room and save an OD or defib a heart attack.   The EMS authority was paid less than Bubba. 
    Richmond and Mathews County, VA. Large BGE, Weber gas, little Weber charcoal. Vintage ManGrates. Little reddish portable kamado that shall remain nameless here.  Very Extremely Stable Genius. 
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,667
    74 percent cases were fully vaccinated and still you dont see many wearing masks. this was a cluster on cape cod last week

This kind of headline is unfortunate, because people are concluding that vaccination isn’t providing any protection, which is just incorrect.

the headline is a bit misleading but even vaccinated are now carriers spreading it around to vaccinated and unvaccinated. looks like your chances of getting it arent lower, just getting it bad is lower if you are vaccinated. i think i read this was actually in P-town. people really do need to put there mask back on, was in the maine I95 rest stop friday and masks were 1 in a hundred and the lot is full of florida and other southern states, you couldnt find a better way to  distribute coved thru maine

For me the important thing is that about 99% of the current covid deaths are for unvaccinated people. That tells you all you need to know, in my opinion.

all i need to know is that if i catch covid now it will probably just make me stronger and maybe it/I will kill some unvaccinated?
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,867

all i need to know is that if i catch covid now it will probably just make me stronger and maybe it/I will kill some unvaccinated?
    That is one way of looking at it, yep!
  • fishlessman

That is one way of looking at it, yep!

i see now why the south is soooo f'd up with covid
    fukahwee maine

• ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,381
    The south is so f’d up with COVID due to mass misinformation on all levels. Literally zero lines or appointments needed to get vaccinated here. Walk in, sign up, get your shot. They’re contemplating offering $100-200 for those who get vaccinated in Louisiana? Really?!? Our vax rate is atrocious. Below 40%. 

My kids start school next week. Ages 4 and 6. Neither can be vaccinated yet, both will be wearing masks at school (if it actually happens). I love paying tuition for private school with the huge probability of them doing distance learning and me and my wife teaching them. 
  • fishlessman
    ColbyLang said:
    The south is so f’d up with COVID due to mass misinformation on all levels. Literally zero lines or appointments needed to get vaccinated here. Walk in, sign up, get your shot. They’re contemplating offering $100-200 for those who get vaccinated in Louisiana? Really?!? Our vax rate is atrocious. Below 40%. 

My kids start school next week. Ages 4 and 6. Neither can be vaccinated yet, both will be wearing masks at school (if it actually happens). I love paying tuition for private school with the huge probability of them doing distance learning and me and my wife teaching them. 

theres no lines here either, pretty much takes three minutes, then wait around for 15. then wear a mask anyways if you are inside a public place. seems pretty simple and yet.....
    fukahwee maine

• fishlessman
    edited August 2021
    ColbyLang said:

just calling the ems, infrastructure, throws a broken wrench into the works. just fix this essential system. going on 6 weeks to see a gastroenterologist, my doctor has sent records to three different places several times and still zip zero response. ive even left maybe 30 messages at these places and not even a call back. the health system is broken big time. is there a  gastroenterologist in the room, ive got some questions, how much iron overload can i have, how low can a red blood cell count go.....will the dvt in my leg kill me first. my rant for the day

fukahwee maine

• fishlessman
    ColbyLang said:

just calling the ems, infrastructure, throws a broken wrench into the works. just fix this essential system. going on 6 weeks to see a gastroenterologist, my doctor has sent records to three different places several times and still zip zero response. ive even left maybe 30 messages at these places and not even a call back. the health system is broken big time. is there a  gastroenterologist in the room, ive got some questions, how much iron overload can i have, how low can a red blood cell count go.....will the dvt in my leg kill me first. my rant for the day

just looked at a calendar, its only 5 weeks waiting, maybe im just impatient
    fukahwee maine

• just calling the ems, infrastructure, throws a broken wrench into the works. just fix this essential system. going on 6 weeks to see a gastroenterologist, my doctor has sent records to three different places several times and still zip zero response. ive even left maybe 30 messages at these places and not even a call back. the health system is broken big time. is there a  gastroenterologist in the room, ive got some questions, how much iron overload can i have, how low can a red blood cell count go.....will the dvt in my leg kill me first. my rant for the day

My wife is having some tests run do to shortness of breath and a cough that won't go away.  One of the tests the Dr. ordered isn't available until December.  How is that even possible?  They doing one tests a day or something?  Efficiency at its best.
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    I had the weirdest thing happen Sunday night. I have been fully vaccinated since May. But Sunday evening I started feeling bad(headache,chills,then felt hot, slight fever) i slept till 3pm yesterday. Woke up this morning and feel 80% better. Dunno if I got Covid as I didn't get a test done but if I did the shot definitely shortened the severity and duration. 

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• fishlessman

My wife is having some tests run do to shortness of breath and a cough that won't go away.  One of the tests the Dr. ordered isn't available until December.  How is that even possible?  They doing one tests a day or something?  Efficiency at its best.

ive come to the collusion that the doctors arent coming in anymore. i get scanned for a blood clot and so far i get meds and the advice is dont touch it by the techy. never saw the doc that looked at the results, nor talked to him, did wait over an hour and i was the only patient there at the time in the building. i really dont think he was there.
    fukahwee maine

• I had the weirdest thing happen Sunday night. I have been fully vaccinated since May. But Sunday evening I started feeling bad(headache,chills,then felt hot, slight fever) i slept till 3pm yesterday. Woke up this morning and feel 80% better. Dunno if I got Covid as I didn't get a test done but if I did the shot definitely shortened the severity and duration. 
    That is the problem living out here in west Texas.  Allergies are so bad you don't know if it is covid or just allergies.  I have sinus issues and a headache this week.  Not sure if I need to get tested.  I am vaccinated and have already had covid last year.  I would think I am good to go for a while but who knows.  
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,708
    ColbyLang said:

theres no lines here either, pretty much takes three minutes, then wait around for 15. then wear a mask anyways if you are inside a public place. seems pretty simple and yet.....
    I can't wrap my head around how people complicate Ribs  =)
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,602
    lkapigian said:
    ColbyLang said:

I would eat ribs, but I really don’t know what’s in them.
  • nolaegghead
    Legume said:
    lkapigian said:
    ColbyLang said:

I would eat ribs, but I really don’t know what’s in them.
    I find ribs a bit cagey about what they're made of.

Wondering what are the odds banana republics of the world end up with higher vax rate than some first world countries down the road, courtesy of anti vaxxers in the latter  :s
    canuckland
  • fishlessman
    Wondering what are the odds banana republics of the world end up with higher vax rate than some first world countries down the road, courtesy of anti vaxxers in the latter  :s

im still finding it odd that puerto ricos infrastructure has been ravaged by hurricanes and still ranks in the top 5 in this country for highest percent vaccinated
    fukahwee maine

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,602

im still finding it odd that puerto ricos infrastructure has been ravaged by hurricanes and still ranks in the top 5 in this country for highest percent vaccinated
    Probably more resilient than whiney and entitled.
  • nolaegghead
    I just talked my budding into getting the vaccine today.  He was on the fence...doesn't want to take it, but also harder to gets jobs in the SAG-AFTRA system if you're not vaccinated.  I told him he'd still have to get tested and he's fine with that because he gets paid $250 for each test he takes and he gets them all the time.
    Just read an article that says that the FDA expects to grant final approval to the Pfizer-Biontech covid vaccine early in Sep.  Standby for the tightend rules regarding vaccinations after.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,381
    lousubcap said:
    Just read an article that says that the FDA expects to grant final approval to the Pfizer-Biontech covid vaccine early in Sep.  Standby for the tightend rules regarding vaccinations after.  
    At the point it reaches final approval, companies can make employees get vaccinated barring some religious or medical reasons 
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,323

"In a statement from the White House Mrs. Lincoln stated that the play was so awful that it caused Abe to have a fatal stroke."

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,168