Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Not BGE ~ Attempted pan pizza wfo

Options
jdMyers
jdMyers Posts: 1,336
Man talk about a fast learning curve.  Maintaining a steady temp and not burn a pan pizza.   Have to admit it was fun.  Lloyd's non stick pan.  Whom ever suggested these.  Thanks.  Perfect.  Used grape seed oil to pre lube pans.  One meat other veggie.  Sorry about all the photos I get geeked.

Columbus, Ohio

Comments

• GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Beauty pies. Nice oven. What is it?
  • jdMyers
    Options
    Thanks.  Oven is an alfa 4 pizze.  
    Columbus, Ohio
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,949
    Options
    JD don’t take this the wrong way, but are pan pizzas really meant to be baked in a WFO?  I’m open to the idea but it seems to me it could be tricky to get them baked all the way through before the top gets too much heat.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Pizza, no matter how it is made, is awesome, thank you for sharing.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • jdMyers
    edited July 2021
    Options
    JD don’t take this the wrong way, but are pan pizzas really meant to be baked in a WFO?  I’m open to the idea but it seems to me it could be tricky to get them baked all the way through before the top gets too much heat.

The purpose of this board is to learn.  So id never take it the wrong way or personal.  Awesome question.  I love to cook especially wfo.   Not mentioned Is the how difficult it is to regulate these Ovens tenps is so tricky.  I was thinking about how the order in which alot of deep dish pizzas were made.  Thinking it's the reason the sauce seems to be on top of everything, to prevent burning the cheese.   The fun of it I suppose.  The more challenging was what to serve it on after it came out the pan.  I'm thinking also that's the reason a cast iron skillet is often used a lot.  To cook the bottom more. Its also why after I took them out the pans I put it back in..  wonder if a lid would help.. I want to attempt some Dutch oven meals.  I originally wanted a more brick oven because they maintain heat so well.  Just didn't want the maintenance from four season same day Ohio.  Thanks for asking.  If I get it to work consistently how much fun that would become.    The math of which wood cooks cooler has been fun too.  Jd
    Columbus, Ohio