Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

real estate tax assessments

Options
fishlessman
fishlessman Posts: 32,767
just got mine for the camp property. fell out of my chair. got a feeling that they are really taking advantage of covid
fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it

Comments

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    How bad is is?  I paid $2400 in property taxes for my shop last year.  I really need to move in to get the homestead exemption.
    Options
    How bad is is?  I paid $2400 in property taxes for my shop last year.  I really need to move in to get the homestead exemption.

looks like right now they are letting us fight the property assessment without knowing what the actual rate is.  they hit me hard with a lake front side of the assessment instead of the towns typical property value which is already there. the camp is on the river, the lake view is in the back looking over property not owned by me and the actual lake is maybe a quarter mile away. i can only see the actual lake in the late fall and winter when the leaves are gone. the total assessment is about 40 percent higher because of the hidden view assessment going up.  its actually a full time residence now, changed that last year with the high ins rates
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,096
    Options
    Taxes, bleeeeccklk
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin