Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Charcoal Basket Options

Options
I’ve read most of the threads and the reviews on the KAB. Looking on Amazon, there are several options that are half the cost of the KAB. Has anyone had any experience with a basket other than KAB?

Comments

• jtcBoynton
    jtcBoynton Posts: 2,814
    Options
    Make sure you are comparing equivalent products. Materials, metal thickness, workmanship. 
    Southeast Florida - LBGE
    In cooking, often we implement steps for which we have no explanations other than ‘that’s what everybody else does’ or ‘that’s what I have been told.’  Dare to think for yourself.

• jastew
    jastew Posts: 2
    Options
    Good point, thanks.
  • stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    Options
    Kick Ash Basket is the original, patented, has a warranty, and is owned by a die hard BGE guy that you will find at a lot of Eggfests.  All the others are knock offs made in China. 
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    Kick Ash Basket is the original, patented, has a warranty, and is owned by a die hard BGE guy that you will find at a lot of Eggfests.  All the others are knock offs made in China. 
    Where are the Kick Ash Baskets now being made?
    It doesn't say on the website anymore that I can find. 
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,344
    Options
    Photo Egg said:

I believe they are now made in India.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,512
    edited July 2021
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    Photo Egg said:

I believe they are now made in India.
    I believe Trompo King and KA bowl are made in India too. Decent quality IMO.
    canuckland