Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cooked an absolutely wonderful pizza tonight

Options
Bought the dough fresh made at Publix this morning.

I think the dough being freshly made that morning is a big part of why it's so good.

It's easy to do, when I made a post on it earlier several people posted they hadn't tried it.

https://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1213853/pizza-on-the-egg-no-one-wants-to-go-out-they-always-want-it-on-the-egg#latest

Was nailing 535/540 and it was absolutely delicious. Have not figured out why sometimes it's a smidgeon better than other times. Maybe anything from humidity to the cook wasn't holding his mouth just right, Who knows.

I do keep notes of date, time for cook, temp etc.

Comments

• Terpderpitude
    Options
    The pics are amazing!
  • stv8r
    stv8r Posts: 1,127
    Options
  • EggersRUs
    EggersRUs Posts: 38
    Options
    I know, no pics. As an old fart, I have to take the pic on my phone and get it into my laptop which I use for posting. That's more hassle than I'm up for.

Overall, the move to more pics now has numerous threads with pics but no info such as the temps cooked at, time or other info.

I did include a link to a more detailed description for anyone wishing to know how to do an incredible pizza.

The pizza was absolutely delicious. It would have made a nice picture but it's in our stomachs :<)
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    I trust you, and thank you for posting.

One of my most expensive cooks used to be the Thursday evening neighborhood “clean out your fridge and make pizza” night. Had some odd zas but all were wonderful, making about 10, blows through some lump.

I highly recommend the tenderloin, tomato, bleu cheese pizza. It did not suck.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • EggersRUs
    EggersRUs Posts: 38
    Options
    "neighborhood “clean out your fridge and make pizza” night"

Sounds like a nice neighborhood you live in. that's a great idea.

Tenderloin, tomato and bleu cheese sounds good to me!

It does use a bit more lump, but you've got to make to between 525-550.
  • SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    edited July 2021
    Options
    EggersRUs said:
    Bought the dough fresh made at Publix this morning.

I think the dough being freshly made that morning is a big part of why it's so good.

I hate to be "that guy" but dough improves in flavor each successive day after its made (up to a point). It's always its most bland the day of.  "Same day dough" is a pejorative industry term for pizza joints that make pizza with dough made that morning. 
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave