Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

In house 3D print shop.

Since we have a beloved forum member @nolaegghead AKA (enter troll alias of your choosing) with the ability to magically conjure objects using a polymer wizardry machine, please submit requests below.

I would like a 1/2" steak depth gauge, and a "unscribe" button.
South of Columbus, Ohio.

Comments

• BigreenGreg
    BigreenGreg Posts: 581
    edited July 2021
    Please print me a bass boat on a trailer so I can put it in the yard and drive my neighbors insane. There are no HOA rules for a bass boat statue?
    LBGE, 36" Blackstone, Anova Pro
    Charleston, SC
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,868
    YukonRon said:
    Our son built a 3d printer and developed the software for his creations. It is pretty cool to watch a project go from screen design to finished product.

The first thing he created was an inverse yo yo to do tricks with. Remarkable to me when that was done, as I will still trying to figure out how to assemble, with directions, a garden hose reel.

Definitely, he gets all of his brains from me.

Right. 
    I won't be impressed until he 3d prints a bourbon slushy!
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • JohnInCarolina
    If someone can post up plans for a crawfish boil stirrer, I'd appreciate it.  
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,429
    I need a Halloween costume, like this:

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,708
    LoL, I see what you did there 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,457
    edited July 2021
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,597
    YukonRon said:
    Our son built a 3d printer and developed the software for his creations. It is pretty cool to watch a project go from screen design to finished product.

The first thing he created was an inverse yo yo to do tricks with. Remarkable to me when that was done, as I will still trying to figure out how to assemble, with directions, a garden hose reel.

Right. 
    That is awesome @YukonRon, can he change a flat tire?
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    All your requests will be considered for future 3D rendering of plastic kitsch.
    Brisket Camp Awards 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • nolaegghead
    Surprised no one requested a dildo or butt plug.  You guys are too PC...
    lkapigian said:
    Brisket Camp Awards 
    Best Wings
    Best Brisket
    Best Use of Nola’s Manbearcave
    Best Snorer
    Worst Snorer
    DMW Narcolepsy Award
    Broken Rib Champion
    Unsolicited Gender Reveal Award
    The Caliking Asado Cross for Creativity
    The 20Stone Best Sous Chef Award
    The Foghorn Cold Sore Trophy

• lkapigian
    lkapigian said:
    Brisket Camp Awards 
    Best Wings
    Best Brisket
    Best Snorer
    Worst Snorer
    DMW Narcolepsy Award
    Broken Rib Champion

A Third Nipple Award ...
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Botch
    lkapigian said:
    Brisket Camp Awards 
    Best Wings
    Best Brisket
    Best Snorer
    Worst Snorer
    DMW Narcolepsy Award
    Broken Rib Champion

The Applejuice Headcount Award.  

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    I think its more because folks don't think the printer is big enough to handle the size specs that would be preferred...

"Did I say two fingers? Better make that three".

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • nolaegghead
    220 x 220 x 250 mm. 

I can make dildos or whatever in sections, I'm flexible! 

Took longer than building the fvcking original. 
  • Botch

Ooh, ooh, I see my Halloween costume prototype, in COLOR, in the middle!!!  :triumph:  

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,602
    caliking said:
    I think its more because folks don't think the printer is big enough to handle the size specs that would be preferred...

"Did I say two fingers? Better make that three".
    I just figured it was already on your list @nolaegghead, along with those flashlight thingies.
  • billt01
    billt01 Posts: 1,523
    edited July 2021
    YukonRon said:
    YukonRon said:

Right. 
    LOL, don’t get me started.....I do like to chat about our son.

Yeah, he can. He is a very bright kid, graduated with a double major in Art (woodworking) and Math.

He does all the work on his own car. So far he has changed out his brakes and rotors, plugs, replaced a valve cover gasket, ripped out the sound system and replaced it with one that has back up video, installed a remote starter, and does his own maintenance; Oil, lube and tire rotation.

He is a hard worker, too. Currently employed by an architectural firm, that specializes in restoration of turn of the 19th century mansions here in Kentucky. He does the finish carpentry, currently working on a 17,000 sq ft home, and the next project is almost twice that.

However, he never tells me how to cook. I feel pretty good about that.
     :| 
    Have:
     XLBGE / Stumps Baby XL / Couple of Stokers (Gen 1 and Gen 3) / Blackstone 36 / Maxey 3x5 water pan hog cooker
    Had:
    LBGE / Lang 60D / Cookshack SM150 / Stumps Stretch / Stumps Baby

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,597
    That is great @YukonRon sounds like you have a special kid there, good on you dad.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,984
    That is great @YukonRon sounds like you have a special kid there, good on you dad.
    He totally gets it from My Beautiful Wife. Mom is the brains, I am just the pack mule.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • lkapigian
    edited July 2021
    YukonRon said:
    He totally gets it from My Beautiful Wife. Mom is the brains, I am just  packed like a mule.
    FTFY
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,984
    billt01 said:
    YukonRon said:
    YukonRon said:

Right. 
    LOL, don’t get me started.....I do like to chat about our son.

Yeah, he can. He is a very bright kid, graduated with a double major in Art (woodworking) and Math.

He does all the work on his own car. So far he has changed out his brakes and rotors, plugs, replaced a valve cover gasket, ripped out the sound system and replaced it with one that has back up video, installed a remote starter, and does his own maintenance; Oil, lube and tire rotation.

He is a hard worker, too. Currently employed by an architectural firm, that specializes in restoration of turn of the 19th century mansions here in Kentucky. He does the finish carpentry, currently working on a 17,000 sq ft home, and the next project is almost twice that.

However, he never tells me how to cook. I feel pretty good about that.
     :| 
    I know, right? He loves working with wood, and is turning my garage into a furniture factory.

My Beautiful Wife and I both have Math degrees, and we live next door to the Math Chair at Bellarmine University. His sister also has a Math degree. He really had no choice.

He absolutely loves what he is doing, getting paid well, and is loving life.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • JohnInCarolina
    Along the way to a math degree one develops a fairly honed set of critical thinking skills.  If you want a degree in math, you have got to be able to think.
  • CTMike
    CTMike Posts: 3,247
    Preferably shaped like a GI Metal pizza turner. 
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT.