Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

ABTs at SAMS - new product?

RRP
RRP Posts: 25,880
Maybe this is old hat to some here or in different parts of the country, but today for the first time I saw our SAMS is selling uncooked ABTs what appeared to be $1 each. The ones I saw were rather crudely assembled which makes me think speed was the factor such as expected in a per/piece pay scale. I was in a hurry myself, so I didn't read where they were made, but I could tell they were labeled and not something produced on site. 

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.

Comments

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Assembling turds in a factory somewhere is probably the main reason I went to college.
    Assembling turds in a factory somewhere is probably the main reason I went to college.
    Now with that degree, you analyze turds from a factory somewhere. 
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • RRP
    Actually your response would be the starter for a GREAT topic! 

Here’s my starter!

I worked in a hot stinking foundry for 4 summers and have many scars to prove it. Besides the career and life that time gave me I can think of one funny result, which younger eggers here probably won’t understand due to my age since when it happened.

My last summer in that stinking foundry was in 1966and I had a second shift job meaning a few degrees cooler (hahaha)
    cutting cast parts off the gates. The metal that summer was mostly copper and brass. The cutting wheels were on what you would now call the same as a radial arm saw on steroids with a 24” wheel. I even imagine OSHA has since shut that down!

Anyway no matter how well you would clean up after that 8 hour shift the fine metal particles still got into your skin pores including your hair in spite of wearing a cap. Anyway…when I went back to college that senior year my hair line and hair for 2” back was GREEN! As I said that was in 1966 and colored hair on men was not anything ever seen, but I just quit tying to explain and learned to accept the strange looks I got for a few months! 
  • RyanStl
    RyanStl Posts: 1,050
    edited June 2021
    Anyone calculate how much when making yourself? After my son and I yesterday picked out 20 of the biggest jalapenos I saw the pre-assembled abts at the local g store. Seemed expensive, but I may end up paying more doing myself. I'm not going to bother figuring it out.
  • RRP
    edited June 2021
    RyanStl said:
    Anyone calculate how much when making yourself? After my son and I yesterday picked out 20 of the biggest jalapenos I saw the pre-assembled abts at the local g store. Seemed expensive, but I may end up paying more doing myself. I'm not going to bother figuring it out.

• RRP
    RRP said:
    RyanStl said:

As always - to each his own!
  • SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,894
    A way back memory just for RRP:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N683gK0dMsM
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.