Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

How to order

Options
So I need a new hinge assembly, fire box and fire ring.  Why is this the only brand in the world that makes it impossible to buy their crap?

Comments

• Dondgc
    Dondgc Posts: 709
    edited June 2021
    Options
    Having just had to go to a dealer to get new bands, I understand your frustration. At least I have a dealer within about 20 minutes - you may not. 

I bought the last set of bands for a large that my dealer had - I understand they are a back ordered item.

in defense of the dealer system, in my case he was great and insisted i take pictures of an assembled egg so I would not have any issues installing the bands. It was a great idea and very helpful. And took some of the sting out of not being able to order online. 

But still - it’s aggravating. 
    New Orleans LA
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    You can find most of the parts on line (check Amazon, for example) but you're going to pay a premium and forget about warranty coverage.
    Options
    Really helps to post your general location. But any Ace Hardware can order your parts.
    You might have others on this forum that can recommend a good dealer in your area.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Photo Egg said:
    Really helps to post your general location. But any Ace Hardware can order your parts.
    You might have others on this forum that can recommend a good dealer in your area.
    Burns Manor, Springfield 

Another week without being able to order a hinge assembly.  One of these days someone is going to invent a way to get things shipped directly to your house and that guy is going to make billions.
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,977
    Options
    Another week without being able to order a hinge assembly.  One of these days someone is going to invent a way to get things shipped directly to your house and that guy is going to make billions.
    If you meet him, be sure to tell him to sign a bulletproof pre-nup.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,385
    Options
    Independent of all the frustration, welcome aboard and enjoy the journey.  Get past this and have fun.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,429
    Options
    If you meet him, be sure to tell him to sign a bulletproof pre-nup.
    I’m sure the man didn’t mind giving up half. 
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,029
    Options
    Is the Kamado Joe company worth billions now?  ;)
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota