Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Amazoid Turnover

Options
Botch
Botch Posts: 15,471
edited June 2021 in Off Topic
CBS This Morning just had an interview with a columnist who has a tell-all article coming out in NYT about Amazoid's treatment of its floor workers.  The turnover is so great that they flush the equivalent of their entire workforce, every eight months!  Apparently this was Bezosebub's plan even when Amazoid was a bookseller; he wanted new, fresh workers and to work them until they burned out or "got lazy", then replace.  Floor workers also had no way to prove themselves and get on the corporate track; those folks were hired separately.  There is also concern within Amazon that they're running thru American workers faster than they can be replaced, WTFF.  Was pretty eye-opening, I'll post a link to the NYT article if I can find it/have access.

I tend not to order from amazoid any more if I can find the items locally, but there are a lot of things I can't.  I do have a Prime membership, its my only streaming service but I rarely use it (and it has no impact on delivery schedule, to my experience).  I've been learning a lot more about the company due to the pandemic, like tracking their workers' bathroom breaks, and firing them when they apply for Leave.  Damn.    

EDIT:  Here it is.  A long read, but dayam!  
https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2021/06/15/us/amazon-workers.html

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

Comments

• Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,296
    Options
    All while paying some of the lowest corporate and personal income taxes in the US. Bezelbub could definitely give Donnie lessons in how to avoid taxes legally and without mention by the national media. 
    I would like to avoid Amazon but there is a long list of where I could not buy the products locally. Last night my dad did his version of ordering online. He called me and had me order 2 belts for his mower be delivered in 3 days at his house. I guess at 91 that is surfing the web.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,341
    Options
    Granted the following is an isolated picture of the scope and reach of Amazon-But around 2 months ago I wanted to order a product from the US based OEM.  I checked their website around every day or so for about a week-not in stock.  
    Checked Amazon-no problem with ordering and delivery.  
    I suspect many OEM companies are giving the on-line source/deliver up to Amazon.  This trend will not rewind.  FWIW-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    Options
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options