Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Brisket Camp VI, Oct 23rd 2021 in New Orleans

After a 2 year hiatus, the next installment will be Oct 23rd, 2021 in New Orleans.  Details to follow, date is set in stone.

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Ano un sábado por la mañana !!!!!

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,708
    room booked 

Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • lkapigian
    SGH said:
    Ano un sábado por la mañana !!!!!
    Bien Bien !
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,794
    We are in for sure. Vaxxed, Waxed, and a$$less chapped
    I'm pretty sure that's what you meant to write...

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Foghorn said:

all chaps are a$$less. Otherwise they are just pants

That said...when in New Orleans...
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,865
    I plan on being there, and maybe this time I’ll sign up for one of the free classes being offered.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,381
    Foghorn said:

That said...when in New Orleans...
    Don’t wander too far down Bourbon Street. You’ll bite off more than you can chew.....
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,310
    Shopping VRBO’s. I shall be there
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    Yeah…I need to be there. Plus, I know there’s a bidet nearby!
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,410
    I want to go to there. 

If everything goes to plan, I'll be in Guatemala at that time.  The trip has been rescheduled a few times now.  If Guat falls thru, I'm going to try to make it.  
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Really looking forward to this.  You'll be telling your grandkids about it, songs will be written and passed down through generations.  World leaders will model summits on its success and alien civilizations will be studying it billions of light years away....
    Really looking forward to this.  You'll be telling your grandkids about it, songs will be written and passed down through generations.  World leaders will model summits on its success and alien civilizations will be studying it billions of light years away....

Sounds terrible.

I'll be there.
    NOLA
  • CTMike
    CTMike Posts: 3,247
    Well damn it. I was really hoping that this would line up with our Mode 0 window (defueled) during our upcoming refueling outage so that I could have the weekend off - no such luck. 

Hopefully next year BCVII will occur - no outage next fall. 
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,865
    Way to manage expectations, lol.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • nolaegghead
    Way to manage expectations, lol.
    I thought excessive hyperbole would keep expectations low...it's been a running theme.

Bump!.....Early roll call 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • nolaegghead
    Blake Key And Peele GifSweating key and peele GIF - Find on GIFER

What’s the vibe at one of these things? I’m not a big partier. Is it chill?
    Medium BGE
    Somewhere in NC
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    A1_on_A5 said:
    What’s the vibe at one of these things? I’m not a big partier. Is it chill?
    It’s really laid back. With that said, you are welcome to get as drunk as you want or be as sober as you want. You can even be drunk part of the time and sober part of the time. Whatever you choose you will still have a good time. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• nolaegghead
    What SGH said.  I'm usually one of the more out-of-control drunks at this event and I don't drink anymore.  That said, I'm trying to borrow a shark cage to use for public humiliation if anyone gets out of control and starts breaking stuff or worse.
    What SGH said.  I'm usually one of the more out-of-control drunks at this event and I don't drink anymore.  That said, I'm trying to borrow a shark cage to use for public humiliation if anyone gets out of control and starts breaking stuff or worse.
    I personally think stocks are better for public humiliation but I’m sure a shark cage would do the trick and may be more readily available. I too no longer drink (18 years). Congrats on your sobriety. 
    New Orleans LA
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,427
    I'm trying to borrow a shark cage to use for public humiliation if anyone gets out of control and starts breaking stuff or worse.
    I'm thinking an actual shark and an above-ground pool might be more fun, and increase attendance.  

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,381
    Botch said:
    I'm trying to borrow a shark cage to use for public humiliation if anyone gets out of control and starts breaking stuff or worse.
    I'm thinking an actual shark and an above-ground pool might be more fun, and increase attendance.  
    1000 times this 
  • nolaegghead
    ColbyLang said:
    Botch said:
    1000 times this 
    If I can figure out how to keep a shark alive long enough for the event, consider it done.  (They're easy to catch)
    1000 times this 
    If I can figure out how to keep a shark alive long enough for the event, consider it done.  (They're easy to catch)
    If you can find one that comes with laser beams, that would be great.
  • lkapigian
    ColbyLang said:
    Botch said:
    1000 times this 
    If you can find one that comes with laser beams, that would be great.
    Lol
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • nolaegghead
    How about some ill-tempered sea bass?
    Frickin. 
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX