Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New Mattres Time!

rlew
rlew Posts: 68
It's time for a new mattress.

Tempurpedic or Sleep Number?

Go......

Comments

• BigreenGreg
    BigreenGreg Posts: 581
    Sleep Number, I've had both. Didn't care for the tempurpedic.
    LBGE, 36" Blackstone, Anova Pro
    Charleston, SC
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    I want to like the sleep number, but after 5 years with it, we switched back to our old-fashioned mattress.  Mattresses are a very personal choice.
    Online - Puffy Lux
    LBGE St. Louis MO
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,170
    Can't compare as we have the sleep number and have for the past 21+ years.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,432
    Bought a Tempurpedic about 10 years ago.  It did sleep "hot", but I've readjusted my blankets/gotten used to it, so don't think about it anymore (I believe the newer models have a more breathable top layer, check to be sure).  Never tried a SleepNumber (seems kinda pricey for an air mattress...)

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,381
    edited June 2021
  • CTMike
    CTMike Posts: 3,247
    We love our Sleep Number. We bought the split King so that the wife can raise her side when she is having asthma issues, and I can stay flat. 

The major complaint I’ve seen online about the Sleep Number is that they aren’t the best for, uhh, shall we say adult activities.
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,432
    CTMike said:
    The major complaint I’ve seen online about the Sleep Number is that they aren’t the best for, uhh, shall we say adult activities.
    I've read the same, for Tempurpedics.  

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure