Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

For The UK Folks, Pig Bluey vs. BGE Review

Options
dbCooper
dbCooper Posts: 2,081
Presented as a lower cost option to the BGE Mini-Max.  I think the two year warranty might give me pause.  The reviewers sure do like BGE...

LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
Great Plains, USA

Comments

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    That “review” is hard to read. I had to stop after this part...

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,029
    Options
    I made it a little further than you when reading it earlier but stopped after I read this:

That's all I needed to know. 

"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    “But what actually are they? Lined in a thick layer of ceramic, with heavy domed lids, these barbecues aren’t only for grilling burgers. Locking in heat and”

So the ceramics are actually lined with a thick layer of ceramic?
    Brilliant write up!
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • TheToast
    TheToast Posts: 376
    Options
    It’s unlikely they even tested them - the reviews are complete nonsense. Press normally always take photos for tests to show they actually did it. 

Interesting to hear about a new kamado on the scene though. Thanks for sharing
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,107
    Options
    A cult?  Really?  I though UK had laws against barbarous talk like this.

They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    Our daughter got an article in the TES on SEND employment issues. Papers take pitches from anyone for articles and if they like the pitch they pay a fixed fee. Someone clueless pitched this and got the job.
  • CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,864
    Options
    It's the Aldi/Lidl offering that all the kids of the street are talking about.  I am assuming this one is a badge engineered number for Snaffling Pig. 
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay