Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - Today’s Pie

Options
CTMike
CTMike Posts: 3,247
My wife had the first of three procedures last Monday in Boston to help with her severe asthma. She has been in the hospital since, spending three days in the ICU, and is now on a regular floor. 

Because of this I have been traveling back and forth from CT a lot and didn’t have time to make my own dough. 

Bought one ball from the local pizzeria - contains sugar so can’t go above 550 F or so. 

Used some store bought marinara as it’s what I had, smoked mozzarella, black olives, and spicy pepperoni. Topped with some Italian herbs, and added Frank’s Red Hot after coming out of the WFO. Got maximum cuppage on the pepperoni. Washed it down with a tasty brew I received in a beer swap.

MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
Southeastern CT. 

Comments

• gmanrva
    gmanrva Posts: 424
    Options
    Looks great
    LGE Mechanicsville Va, XLGE Wake Va., LGE Duck NC.
    Formely Gman2 before password debacle 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,349
    Options
    Glad that your wife has turned the corner on this round.  Gotta be a continuing challenge but you are her best advocate.  Keep applying the pressure.  
    I'm sure you didn't tell her about the killer pizza she missed  B).  Great pie right there.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    Options

Margherita Pepperoni?

aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    All the best to your wife. 

Impressive gauge placement. 🙂
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    edited May 2021
    Options
    Hope your bride is recovering well. 

And love the pics of the fire in the oven. Almost more fun than the pie itself. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options
    caliking said:
    Hole your bride is recovering well. 

And love the pics of the fire in the oven. Almost more fun than the pie itself. 

Came here to say same. Those fire pics get me excited!   
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    All the best to your lady.....love the pizza and the oven.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • stv8r
    stv8r Posts: 1,127
    Options
    LOVE the grease cup pepperonis with the crispy edges!!  That pizza looks amazing :bow:
  • da87
    da87 Posts: 640
    Options
    apologies all,  I can’t figure out how to private message any more...

@CTMike - I’ve been away from the forum for a few years, but I remember you buying a full smoker rig and doing catering. Are you still operating - and do you have a website?  Our kids are getting married out west and our future daughter in law’s family is in CT - and she wants to do a local party for friends and family not heading to the wedding. 
    Doug
    Wayne, PA
    LBGE, Weber Kettle (gifted to my sister), Weber Gasser

"Two things are infinite:  the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe"   Albert Einstein
  • CTMike
    CTMike Posts: 3,247
    Options
    da87 said:
    apologies all,  I can’t figure out how to private message any more...

@CTMike - I’ve been away from the forum for a few years, but I remember you buying a full smoker rig and doing catering. Are you still operating - and do you have a website?  Our kids are getting married out west and our future daughter in law’s family is in CT - and she wants to do a local party for friends and family not heading to the wedding. 
    I closed the business and sold the smoker last year due to my wife’s health situation. 

Wish I could help out a fellow Egghead. 
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • da87
    da87 Posts: 640
    Options
    I wish your wife the best, and hope that she is on the path to recovery 🙏🏻🙏🏻
    Doug
    Wayne, PA
    LBGE, Weber Kettle (gifted to my sister), Weber Gasser

"Two things are infinite:  the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe"   Albert Einstein
  • CornfedMA
    CornfedMA Posts: 491
    Options
    @da87 sent you a PM with some info. Good luck!