Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Eggcessories

Options
New to the BGE.

What are some must have Eggcessories? I’m almost done with my table. I’ll post more pics when it’s done. 

Comments

• johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,570
    Options
    Welcome. A good garage beverage fridge!!
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • attaboy
    attaboy Posts: 30
    Options
    Kick ash basket(I waited way too long on this one), beer of your choice, Bose wireless speaker, several hours cruising around this forum and you’ll be good to go!
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,835
    Options
    1) Welcome aboard.  Please plan to post your cooks and contribute to the discussions.

2) Get an instant read thermometer.  Speed doesn't matter much when you're cooking a pork butt, but when you have 4 steaks on the grill it's a game changer.

3) After using your egg a few times, look at the offerings at the Ceramic Grill Store.  Then call them and talk to them about your goals/needs.  They'll set you up with what you need.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,341
    Options
    Welcome aboard and enjoy the journey.  Above all, have fun.  
    Great looking table right there!
    Regarding eggcessories-beyond an instant read thermo ( here's a link to a very popular manufacturer; https://www.lavatools.co/ )  At some point you will want a setup for indirect and raised direct (gasket level or above) cooking.  This is where the Ceramic Grill Store mentioned by @Foghorn will be your best source for various add-ons.   (https://ceramicgrillstore.com/)  
    Should you want to make your own raised second grid set-up you can find options via the search function here or thru google.  FWIW-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • 4TheGrillOfIt
    4TheGrillOfIt Posts: 741
    Options
    Agree with all the above and reiterate the number one accessory/need in my book is the Kick Ash Basket and can. 
    XL BGE, Large BGE, Small BGE, Weber Summit NG                                                                                               
    Memphis  
  • mpenacho
    mpenacho Posts: 25
    Options
    Nice looking table!  I really like my CGS stuff, etc, but my two most valuable accessories are my instant read thermometer, and my cheap digital timers.  Not so much for timing my cooks to an exact time, but starting it when I put the food on, and then saying to myself, "I won't check until 20 minutes...", "I'll check again in another 10 minutes...".  Etc.  Without that, I might check too often or not enough.  For the long low and slow cooks, the cheap timers are not that valuable, and time isn't nearly as critical, so I use my phone stopwatch or timers, but for the 20-60 minute cooks, the cheap digital timers are invaluable to me.
    LBGE, XLBGE
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,026
    Options
    I'll echo what's said above. Get a good instant read thermometer. The most popular instant read thermometers here would be the Thermoworks Thermapen or the Javelin Pro Duo. I'd hold off on accessories and wait to see what you really need. (Easy to spend other people's money here)

Hard to go wrong with anything from the Ceramic Grill Store. Their stuff is made in Texas, and a long time BGE forum member. Just a call away and the owner will help guide you what your best setup would be with the BGE with cook suggestions from you and what you're looking for. Top notch owner and service. 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota