Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Lollipop Thighs?

Options
Anyone ever try this? Seems like a PITA to me, but I wanted to ask the collective. I've done legs before
~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

Comments

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,759
    edited April 2021
    Options
    never done it either, but much shorter bone and a lot more meat than a leg, not sure you could scrunch the meat up enough..........But, chicken ain't got no rule book either
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,747
    Options
    only had it done with wings in a chinese restaurant, sticky sweet
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,512
    edited April 2021
    Options
    As mentioned ^^^ bone too short and too much meat, but more importantly, meat is not symmetrical around the bone.
    How about cupcake chicken with a handle?
    canuckland
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options
    Every time I watch the peppin video for deboning chicken,  one of my sons begs me to make them.  I'm barely able to do half of what peppin is doing in 4 times the time! 
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,729
    Options
    They are awesome, not worth doing for a crowd but a lot of fun for a couple of friends or husband and wife. I do think the flavor is superior vs a traditional leg because you get to remove all the sinew/cartlidge and you made a better shape.

XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • MasterC
    MasterC Posts: 1,373
    Options
    Even better wrapped in bacon
    Fort Wayne Indiana