Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Felt like OTT Chili this weekend

Options
I made a batch over the holidays and had way more liquid than meat so I held back that frozen.  Dethawed added some fresh ingredients and got started.

1# 95/5, 1# Pork

2.25 hrs later and resting

Nice crust and smoke ring

Mixed together

Sample cup after finishing

XLBGE, LBGECharbroil Gas Grill, Weber Q2000, Old Weber Kettle, Rectec RT-B380, Yeti 65, Yeti Hopper 20, RTIC 20, RTIC 20 Soft Side - Too many drinkware vessels to mention.

Not quite in Austin, TX City Limits
Just Vote- What if you could choose "none of the above" on an election ballot? Millions of Americans do just that, in effect, by not voting.  The result in 2016: "Nobody" won more counties, more states, and more electoral votes than either candidate for president. 

Comments

• DainW
    DainW Posts: 159
    Options
    Damn looks really good. Way to nail it. Will have to defer to the experts here though as to whether or not this actually chili or just an elaborate meat and bean soup concoction. 
  • abtaylor260
    abtaylor260 Posts: 242
    Options
    I was just thinking a few minutes ago about wanting some chili. This confirms it! Nice job. 
  • xfire_ATX
    xfire_ATX Posts: 1,115
    Options
    Yes I did throw in one can of Black Beans... after the other Chili conversation I wanted beans in this batch.
    XLBGE, LBGECharbroil Gas Grill, Weber Q2000, Old Weber Kettle, Rectec RT-B380, Yeti 65, Yeti Hopper 20, RTIC 20, RTIC 20 Soft Side - Too many drinkware vessels to mention.

Just Vote- What if you could choose "none of the above" on an election ballot? Millions of Americans do just that, in effect, by not voting.  The result in 2016: "Nobody" won more counties, more states, and more electoral votes than either candidate for president. 
  • johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,581
    Options
    @xfire_ATX looking at your sample cup I wonder what some Zing Zang and a shot of Tito’s would be like
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • xfire_ATX
    xfire_ATX Posts: 1,115
    Options
    @xfire_ATX looking at your sample cup I wonder what some Zing Zang and a shot of Tito’s would be like
    Dang that is kicking up the Bloody Mary a notch...