Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Friday 4/9- Zoom/Speakeasy opens at 5 PM (EDT)-Early start-UK contingent will be on!

Options
Check it out this Friday.  As noted, going early to enjoy interactions with those across the pond. You will enjoy yourself however long you visit.  Social distancing is a given. Beverage(s) of your choice.  
Politics and religion make up the third rail and are off-limits.
Upfront thanks to @JohnInCarolina (aka The Chairman) for enabling this to happen.
Zoom site linked here:   https://us02web.zoom.us/j/89600782373     
Password is unchanged since inception 11+ months ago and will be gladly provided, just ask. 
Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.

Comments

• Stormbringer
    Stormbringer Posts: 2,069
    edited April 2021
    Options
    My beverage of choice will be a Californian Pinot Noir. Also when's the first anniversary of this event? It should have fireworks.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    | Cooking and blogging with a Large and Minimax in deepest, darkest England-shire
    | My food blog ... BGE and other stuff ... http://www.thecooksdigest.co.uk

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,945
    Options
    My beverage of choice will be a Californian Pinot Noir. Also when's the first anniversary of this event? It should have fireworks.
    BAM Blast was originally scheduled for the third weekend of April.  We cancelled it but held something virtual using Zoom.  I think the next Friday we started this series.

So I think the one-year anniversary of the SpeakEasy is probably a couple of weeks away still, on April 23rd.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,337
    Options
    As usual, @JohnInCarolina is quite close to correct   =)  The opening Zoom session was held on Friday April 24, 2020 thus April 23, 2021 is the 52 week anniversary but close enough as the one year mark is Saturday, April 24th. 
    I never thought this would still have traction closing in on one year. But the future bodes well for having a "going out of business" event and hopefully in the not so far distant future.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • GIG_Smoker
    Options
    @lousubcap Why go out of business?
  • lousubcap
    Options
    @lousubcap Why go out of business?
    I thoroughly enjoy the sessions but the attraction is definitely covid driven (for a good part) and does provide the chance to catch up in a relaxed "local pub" environment.  I hope that at some point the real world opportunities will become more comfortable with all who participate. That said, I do understand, enjoy and appreciate the chance to meet and experience the camaraderie with those who we would otherwise never meet/interact with.  
    So, I will be "third rail" here and kick the can down the road.
    Valid question.  
  • lousubcap
    edited April 2021
    Options
    Doors open in four hours-Showtime.  Be there for some international entertainment!
    Plenty of room for all!
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    Sorry guys, middle child has turned up with his new GF and it's family time.
  • lousubcap
    Options
    @Eoin - Understand all.  Thanks for the heads-up!
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Eoin put one of his kids on with a video conf with me on whatsapp and I think he learned his lesson (why does my kid talk like a sailor now?).
    Options
    Cougar, anyone?

Options
    Probably too soon.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Stormbringer
    Stormbringer Posts: 2,069
    Options
    Where are you @CPFC1905

| Cooking and blogging with a Large and Minimax in deepest, darkest England-shire
    | My food blog ... BGE and other stuff ... http://www.thecooksdigest.co.uk

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    Probably too soon.

Quite right. Protocol calls for a week of mourning if I recall my "Royalty for Dummies" booklet correctly.
    Options
    3600 miles away, but still so close! Give or take a few.
    I drink cheap beer so I can afford good bourbon.

Salisbury, NC...... XL,Lx3,Mx2,S, MM, Mini BGE, FireDisc x2. Blackstone 22", Offset smoker, weber kettle 22"

• lousubcap
    Options
    Plenty of open seating-drop in as the game is on. 
  • lousubcap
    Options
    A few of us had a very enlightening past hour conversation about social issues tying back to earlier challenging times experienced in the late 1960's.  Definitely a thought provoking and valuable dialog.  It was extremely worthwhile.  
    Many thanks to all who participated this evening.  Topics covered quite the spectrum and all were very enjoyable.  As always, a great time.
    Special thanks to @Stormbringer for carrying the banner for his compatriots.  
    Cleanup complete and all systems go for the next time.  
    Stay healthy and safe out there-

• Eoin
    Options
    Eoin put one of his kids on with a video conf with me on whatsapp and I think he learned his lesson (why does my kid talk like a sailor now?).
    The mental scars will be with him forever.
  • CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,860
    Options
    @lousubcap @Stormbringer   
    Sorry to miss out.  Almost unbelievably we seem to be moving house again. This got lost in maelstrom.  Will certainly join with next one. 
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • Eoin
    Options
    CPFC1905 said:
    @lousubcap @Stormbringer   
    Sorry to miss out.  Almost unbelievably we seem to be moving house again. This got lost in maelstrom.  Will certainly join with next one. 
    How many houses do you own now? Is it 5 or 6?
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,834
    Options
    Thanks for setting this up.  I was great to see several of you yesterday.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    It was fun, and always enjoy seeing my friends and meeting new ones. Hope to make future meets, whenever I can.

Each visit, I learn so much about all the matters of the world and the societies within, and I also leave learning more about cooking on the egg. There is so much about both topics mention previously that I did not know, that I did not know.

Thank you for hosting Frank, always a top notch opportunity for me.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky