Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

My Super Bowl lunch

Options
drbbq
drbbq Posts: 1,152
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
winefest015f.jpg?t=1170612914
<p />I'm cooking at a fancy schmancy winefest dinner in Sarasota in a couple months so I'm working on the menu. Here's the appetizers. It'll be in a pineapple instead of the onion but I didn't have one around. It's Mahi Medallions wrapped in peppered bacon and skewered fruit with a chile rub. The star fruit looks great but tastes like crap. I think I'll just include a few of those.
Ray Lampe Dr. BBQ

Comments

• BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    drbbq,
    how bout that kiwi did you grill it and how was the taste
    thanks
    tb

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Chuck
    Chuck Posts: 812
    Options
    drbbq,[p]Looks great Ray. I bet that Mahi with the peppered bacon is awesome. My wife would love that maybe with a little dijon mustard/sherry dipping sauce. Hmmm, valentines day next week, I might just give that a try. As far as the star fruit goes I always thought it tasted like crap...it does look good though.[p]Have a good one,[p]Chuck

• Sandbagger
    Options
    blackenedsteak014.jpg
    <p />drbbq, could I interest you in a stainless version of that holder........the idea sounded good over a couple beers.

• drbbq
    Options
    BENTE,[p]Kiwi is excellent, just get firm ones and don't cook them too long or they fall apart. Same with peaches.

Ray Lampe Dr. BBQ
  • drbbq
    Options
    Sandbagger,[p]My head hurts looking at that thing. You must have been hammered!
    Ray Lampe Dr. BBQ
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    drbbq,
    i have done peaches they are excellent will have to try kiwi
    thanks
    tb

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• drbbq,[p] Look for pickled watermelon rind and wrap those in bacon and grill. Also shrimp,pineapple chunk,wrapped in bacon! One last one- Canned whole green beans wrapped in bacon (called green bean bundles)sprinle with a little sugar and grill. Maybe some DP product of your choice. Yum.
    Good luck with the party.

• drbbq
    Options
    bonnie,[p]One of these days I'm gonna do a whole chapter on wrapping things in bacon and THEN I'll use your ideas. For this dinner I can only sneak so much bacon in on the wine drinkers.
    Ray Lampe Dr. BBQ
  • drbbq,
    I am going to get one of your books . I must have 200 cookbooks, but not one of yours!!!!:) My apologies. I just learned of you. Also, nice website. Good luck.

• drbbq
    Options
    bonnie,[p]Thanks. Nice to meet you.
    Ray Lampe Dr. BBQ