Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Beef carne asada tacos

Some the best tacos I've made in a long time. Beef carne asada. , Pico de Gallo con Nopales. Salsa Rojo and cojita cheese. All on a fresh corn tortillas.

2-XLs ,MM,blackstone,Ooni koda 16,R&V works 8.5 gallon fryer,express smoker and 40" smoking cajun 

scott 
Greenville Tx

Comments

• bradleya123
    bradleya123 Posts: 464
    Looks awesome and I bet it tastes better than it looks!!  I love using my leftover pulled pork for taco's!!
    Retired Navy, LBGE
    Pinehurst, NC

• alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,597
    Those look amazing @texaswig damnit boy
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• EagleIII
    EagleIII Posts: 415
    Look EXCELLENT!  One of my favorite things to make on the Egg and sooo simple to make really!   Well done...
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    Those look spectacular! Very nicely done. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,945
    edited March 2021
    Nicely done!  Cojita cheese is my favorite cheese for almost any taco.

Are the tortillas homemade?  I would swear they look like flour tortillas.  I love corn tortillas, but rest of fam likes flour.  With those, I might trick them into eating corn.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    I could get behind a plate of those for dinner tonight. All I have planned at the moment are Sloppy Joe's...
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Corn tortillas are my fav.  They're more authentic, healthier and have more flavor.

There's a time and place for flour and that's limited to quesadillas and burritos, IMHO.

Looks great, Scott!
    @Ozzie_Isaac @nolaegghead these I get at a local Tortilla factory. Fresh made daily. I found a trick. Add some oil to some water. Dip them in that before you throw them on a hot cast-iron. It's by far the best way I've found. Really makes corn tortillas even better. @SciAggie sloppy joes we get a hankering for sloppy joes around here sometimes too. 

2-XLs ,MM,blackstone,Ooni koda 16,R&V works 8.5 gallon fryer,express smoker and 40" smoking cajun 

scott 
    Greenville Tx
  • DonWW
    DonWW Posts: 424
    Damn, those look great.  Question: How did you prep the tortillas? 
    XL and Medium.  Dallas, Texas.