Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

jigsaw burns down middle trying to recoupe, not a troll, a newbie.

Options
disabledTazdecfoods
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
jigsaw burns down middle trying to recoupe, not a troll, a newbie.

Comments

• Spring Chicken
    Options
    Tazdecfoods,[p]Huh?????[p]Welcome aboard anyway.[p]Spring "Grade AAA" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA

• Tazdecfoods,trying to cook a 8.5 lb butt started last night around 10pm temp 200 was good till 12am when to bed got up at 8 am temp at 100 was trying to keep 200 to 210 the fire burned down the middle i should have when back to read what other follow up that came in a real newbie move. live and learn,hope to recoupe.thanks you to all for your help can't wait to go eggfest.

• Metalhead
    Options
    Tazdecfoods,
    I feel your pain....mine did the same thing...
    burned out through the middle. Got up at 4 am
    to check temps.....low.....stirred the lump
    got up at 8 this morning okay ....by 9 am I
    had my fire dwindling again....I broke down and
    added more lump....stabilized at 250 now..
    I am in the plateau as we read and type[p]pics to follow

• stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    Tazdecfoods,
    the forum went on the fritz wheni tried to post....[p]next time, mix some smallstuff in there for the fire o ove around on. if you have a majority of big chunks, and the fire is lit in the center, it can sometimes not find enough bridging points to travel around.[p]try also lighting three small spots rather than dead-center.

ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • Celtic Wolf
    Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    Options
    Tazdecfoods,[p] When I light my XL I break BGE lighter Cube in half and place them in 4 spots about 5 inches from the center. Each piece is a point on an invisible square. I light each on making sure there is a piece of lump on top of it.[p] When I got my large eggs I did the same thing in a smaller square. [p] Fire is like water it will flow in the path of least resistance and in fire's case where the air is. Crisscross the big pieces fill in with smaller pieces. Make sure the grate holes are clear of the really small pieces.

• tn slagamater
    Options
    Tazdecfoods, your temperature was a little low, also. You need 240 to 260 degrees.