Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Great service from Rockwood

Options
Ordered late Tuesday, at my front door Friday.
Thanks Jonathan - @stlcharcoal
Austin, TX

Comments

• BigreenGreg
    Options
    Mine is stuck in Champaign, Illinois. Hope it comes soon, the bag of Cowboy I found hiding in my garage is bumming me out/almost gone.
    LBGE, 36" Blackstone, Anova Pro
    Charleston, SC
  • stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    Options
    Should have been there Thursday, but FedEx didn't show up on Tuesday for pickup!!!
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,341
    Options
    Why am I not surprised!!!  B)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • BigreenGreg
    Options
    I knew it was them, you didn’t even need to chime in!
    Charleston, SC
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,420
    Options
    Should have been there Thursday, but FedEx didn't show up on Tuesday for pickup!!!
    They celebrated Mardi Gras, duh
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    They celebrated Mardi Gras, duh
    Glad someone was.  It was house floats and some music blaring here and there from my perspective.  (disclaimer: I didn't venture into the quarter).

Usually it's bedlam here.  My neighborhood is famous for getting trapped in as there are some parades that cut us off from the world as well as most of the Blaine Kern floats are stored down the street from me.

edited February 2021
    Options
    Mine is stuck in Champaign, Illinois. Hope it comes soon, the bag of Cowboy I found hiding in my garage is bumming me out/almost gone.
    Champaign, IL is some major clearing center now and has become a real black hole for US parcel post for months now! I have had packages I have shipped from nearby Peoria lay in some dark corner somewhere there for a week or longer! Tracking will merely show they have arrived in Champaign, but no other information is available.

In fact one package I shipped out East before Christmas just arrived there today 2-22!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • BigreenGreg
    Options
    Thanks RRP, your just a bright light in a dark hole buddy!
    Charleston, SC
  • SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    Options
    Haven't been able to find Rockwood at my local Ace Hardwares in months. 
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • stlcharcoal
    Options
    SonVolt said:
    As I understand it, soon as it hits their warehouse it's gone in days......and they only ship so much to each store (which is usually spoken for already.)  If you're near Franklin, head over to Harpeth True Value--we ship to them direct, so it should always be in stock.
  • Yno
    Yno Posts: 529
    Options
    I will be ordering some Rockwood soon. I will be waiting for the storm mess to clear up. I really feel sorry for the people directly affected by the weather. My personal issue was less dramatic. I ordered a printer from B&H in New York. Shipped on the 14th Fedex Overnight. Got stuck in Fort Worth for four nights. Arrive in Oakland Saturday the 20th. I had requested delivery to the Fedex store down the street since I didn't want it sitting on my front porch. But Monday night they delivered to my house. Two and a half days to travel 45 miles to the wrong address. Thanks, Fedex!

I was buying Rockwood at my local ACE, but they have not had it in a while. I asked yesterday, and the clerk had to look it up. She says the warehouse has it listed as restricted by Prop 65 from shipping to California.  Even though carried it for some time.

Is this pandemic only Covid, or is it also incompetence? Finished with the rant.
    XL BGE in San Jose, CA. Also a Pit Barrel Cooker, a Cal Flame P4 gasser, and lots of toys including the first ever Flame Boss 300 in the wild. And a new Flame Boss 500.
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    Options
    Thanks RRP, your just a bright light in a dark hole buddy!
    Sorry - but on the bright side some packages fly right through Champaign the same night they arrive! Not sure why hold ups occur, but gross incompetence and surly workers comes to mind!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • stlcharcoal
    Options
    Yno said:

I was buying Rockwood at my local ACE, but they have not had it in a while. I asked yesterday, and the clerk had to look it up. She says the warehouse has it listed as restricted by Prop 65 from shipping to California.  Even though carried it for some time.

Prop 65 ???  That's been complied with for 3 yrs now.  It's in stock and shipping to southern CA via the AZ warehouse right now.  You're too far north for that though.  We'll ship to the Sacramento one probably sometime late April per my calendar.  So keep an eye out in May.
  • AprèsSki
    Options
    None of the Ace locations close to Salt Lake City have had it in months. When it shows up on their website as available at another store I have learned to call before going as their inventory control system just doesn't work.  

I am down to half a bag of Blues Hog so off to a semi-local BBQ supply store for some Rockwood today. I won't be buying Blues Hog again, I've never seen so many rocks in a bag of charcoal before.

I have noticed a few other northern Utah posters on here and thought of a group buy of a pallet's worth to stock up.
    Firing up my XL Big Green Egg, KJ Jr. or Weber gasser in Salt Lake City
  • stlcharcoal
    Options
    AprèsSki said:
    None of the Ace locations close to Salt Lake City have had it in months. When it shows up on their website as available at another store I have learned to call before going as their inventory control system just doesn't work.  

I am down to half a bag of Blues Hog so off to a semi-local BBQ supply store for some Rockwood today. I won't be buying Blues Hog again, I've never seen so many rocks in a bag of charcoal before.

I have noticed a few other northern Utah posters on here and thought of a group buy of a pallet's worth to stock up.
    The warehouse that supplies SLC should have a truckload to them by the end of the week.....just waiting to get picked up.  Have them check early next week, or make a run to BBQ Pit Stop in Lehi.
  • SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    Options
    SonVolt said:
    As I understand it, soon as it hits their warehouse it's gone in days......and they only ship so much to each store (which is usually spoken for already.)  If you're near Franklin, head over to Harpeth True Value--we ship to them direct, so it should always be in stock.

I typically shop for Rockwood at these locations -

https://www.acehardware.com/store-details/05817

https://www.acehardware.com/store-details/16747
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,341
    Options
    @Yno - gotta love FedEx although they did comply with hand-written  delivery placement location at my house a couple of weeks ago.
    I order Rockwood from here as it is always available:
    https://store.rockwoodcharcoal.com/  
    For those of you fairly new to the forum, the Rockwood on-line direct website was started after FireCraft exited the lump charcoal buy and ship from their website option.  Rockwood stepped up and provided a service in near record time.  FWIW-

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • stlcharcoal
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @Yno - gotta love FedEx although they did comply with hand-written  delivery placement location at my house a couple of weeks ago.

I put on there "Recipient answers door naked....better leave these boxes by garage!!"
  • AprèsSki
    Options
    The warehouse that supplies SLC should have a truckload to them by the end of the week.....just waiting to get picked up.  Have them check early next week, or make a run to BBQ Pit Stop in Lehi.
    I just got back from stocking up at BBQ Pit Stop's Murray location. Nice store with a really friendly and helpful guy running it. I am glad that I went out of my way to shop there, picking up some Dizzy Pig goodies too.

(BTW, their SLC location has moved to Murray)
    Firing up my XL Big Green Egg, KJ Jr. or Weber gasser in Salt Lake City
  • BigreenGreg
    Options
    A welcome site at my door yesterday afternoon.
    Charleston, SC
  • otter
    otter Posts: 342
    Options
    Ace in Grand Rapids Mi, (Cascade) shows it on the app but says you can’t pick it up. Order only?
    Pure Michigan
    Grand Rapids, Michigan  LBGE, SBGE
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options
    otter said:
    Ace in Grand Rapids Mi, (Cascade) shows it on the app but says you can’t pick it up. Order only?
    Wierd. Ace in Byron Center usually has it.  If you venture to Hudsonville,  Gemmens has an impressive egg display and carries RW.  I tried that cascade ace once online and called them. I don't think they stock it.  You could order it from them and pick it up when it comes in.  
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI