Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Birria Empanadas

Options
I made Birria some time back and froze what was left.  Since I’m iced in I got around to making these

Great second time around
XLBGE, LBGECharbroil Gas Grill, Weber Q2000, Old Weber Kettle, Yeti 65, Yeti Hopper 20, RTIC 20, RTIC 20 Soft Side - Too many drinkware vessels to mention.

Not quite in Austin, TX City Limits
Just Vote- What if you could choose "none of the above" on an election ballot? Millions of Americans do just that, in effect, by not voting.  The result in 2016: "Nobody" won more counties, more states, and more electoral votes than either candidate for president. 

Comments

• dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    Options
    Superb!
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    That may be the best birria yet.

Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    xfire_ATX said:

Great second time around
    I bet it was great the first time around. My kind of grub right there. Great job brother 👍

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Nice!
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,834
    Options
    Oh my.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• JohnnyTarheel
    Options
    Mighty fine!
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Bravo!! 👏🏾👏🏾👏🏾

Could you share your empanada dough recipe?

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • CPARKTX2
    CPARKTX2 Posts: 222
    Options
    Bravo! Love it. 
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,471
    Options
    xfire_ATX said:
    I made Birria some time back and froze what was left.  Since I’m iced in I got around to making these

Sorry, I gotta ask: was the bottom-right roll-out your first one?   =)

I have half of my birria cook in the freezer too; you got me planning...

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• xfire_ATX
    xfire_ATX Posts: 1,112
    Options
    caliking said:
    Bravo!! 👏🏾👏🏾👏🏾

Could you share your empanada dough recipe?
    TBH.. We had pie crust left over from the Holidays so I just used those. Likely a bit flaky for authentic but cleaned out more of the fridge.
    XLBGE, LBGECharbroil Gas Grill, Weber Q2000, Old Weber Kettle, Yeti 65, Yeti Hopper 20, RTIC 20, RTIC 20 Soft Side - Too many drinkware vessels to mention.

Just Vote- What if you could choose "none of the above" on an election ballot? Millions of Americans do just that, in effect, by not voting.  The result in 2016: "Nobody" won more counties, more states, and more electoral votes than either candidate for president. 
  • buzd504
    buzd504 Posts: 3,824
    Options
    Those are gorgeous.  What kind of cheese did you use?
    NOLA
  • xfire_ATX
    Options
    buzd504 said:
    Those are gorgeous.  What kind of cheese did you use?
    Pepper Jack, perfectly melted into the meat- no real sign of it.

• xfire_ATX
    Options
    Botch said:
    xfire_ATX said:
    Sorry, I gotta ask: was the bottom-right roll-out your first one?   =)

I have half of my birria cook in the freezer too; you got me planning...
    It was pie crust and after reforming it rolling it out that small one was the last one of the first batch.  Did much better in 2nd   batch which is pictured finished

• NDG
    NDG Posts: 2,431
    Options
    looks great !!
    Columbus, OH

“There are only two ways to live your life.  One is as though nothing is a miracle.  The other is as if everything is”