Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

If you would, raise a glass

Options
Greetings-

I am not one to post non-cook discussions but in this case I feel I need to do so. About two weeks back I lost my father to complications from PVOD. He did not own an Egg but he was my inspiration & mentor in food and in life. He introduced me to the beauty of well prepared food whether it was in Michelin starred restaurants or the bbq joint at the third dirt road on the right. Because of him I learned the joy of cooking for those I care about & how food can bring people together. He loved the food I made on the Egg and always enjoyed the descriptions & pictures of the process I sent him when we were apart. When we were able to get together for family gatherings I will admit I would stress & plan to make a meal worthy of him; his nod of appreciation for something I made was worth so much to me. 

I hope you have the chance to cook for those that are precious to you & maybe raise a glass of your drink of choice to my Dad & those that helped you realize the power and beauty of home cooked food. He would like that.

Cheers,
Chris
St. Louis, MO
Unit 1: LBGE, cedar table Unit 2:Akorn

Comments

• shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,647
    Options
    Sorry for your loss. Will raise a glass later on this evening.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    Options
    My condolences.

My father loves my food posts on FB and always asks about what I'm cooking during our Sunday night calls.

Toast to follow.

I'm sure your Dad would nod in approval at this post.
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • the_crease
    Options
    Beautiful tribute to your father.  I’m sorry for your loss brother.  May he RIP. 
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    Sorry for you loss. We will absolutely raise a glass tonight.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,337
    Options
    I apologize for seeing this only now.  Great and deserved tribute.  I will raise a glass in his honor and to you for enabling me to do so.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • gmanrva
    gmanrva Posts: 424
    Options
    Well said and Cheers to Dad!!
    LGE Mechanicsville Va, XLGE Wake Va., LGE Duck NC.
    Formely Gman2 before password debacle 
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    My virtual toast to you and to those who inspired you. I lost my dad while i was in high school.....and missed really knowing him as an adult. With parents there is wisdom......and we all should never stop learning or reaching for the stars.

Cheers.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • JohnEggGio
    JohnEggGio Posts: 1,430
    Options
    🥃 - to your father!
    Maryland, 1 LBGE