Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Giving back a pork tenderloin recipe, everyone seems to love

EggersRUs
EggersRUs Posts: 38
I'm cooking on a Kamado Joe but have been coming here for years to get recipes.

They are all kamado ovens.

Pork tenderloins in our stores are usually about 2.2 lbs for two tenderloins. Do not make the mistake that my wife says I often do of confusing these with pork loins.

Do raised grid, about 4" above gasket level

Shooting for 410/415 Stabilized dome temp
last was 390, taking forever to get there, dunno if humidity caused a charcoal problem or not, was taking forever to get there so put it on, cooking to internal temp of 140/141/142 so 390 to 410 dome temp should work if stabilized for a while.

marinade six hours or more preferably

1/2 cup Soy sauce
1/4 cup Balsamic vinegar
4 cloves garlic (minced)
1/4 cup brown sugar

Mix all of the marinade ingredients together and pour into a large Ziplock type bag.  Place the tenderloins in the bag and squeeze out as much air as possible before sealing.  Place the bag in the refrigerator and marinade for at least an hour, up to 24 hours.
    Remove the tenderloins from the marinade about 30 minutes before you are ready to grill and allow to gently warm up on the counter.

Boil remaining marinade for basting

6 min turn and baste
6 min turn and baste
6 min turn and baste
6 minutes check internal going for 140 internal or 142/143

should be ready in 24 to 27 minutes

Let stand in tinfoil five to ten minutes

Note: pork properly cooked in this manner will be slightly pink. If that bothers you cook to a higher temp. FDA says 140 internal and that works for me.

Comments