Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Joetisserie Owners

Options
For those of you with this accessory, has it upped your game?  I think that I would like to get one for doing whole chickens.  What else are you cooking with the Joetisserie?  Thanks in advance for your advice.

Northern Colorado Egghead since 2012.

XL BGE and a KBQ.

Comments

• ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,339
    Options
    I wouldn’t say it’s upped my game. It’s a fun toy to have in your arsenal. I still spatchcock 90% of the chickens I do. People seem to enjoy seeing a roast, chicken, even ribs spinning on the rotisserie 
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• cookingdude555
    Options
    I like it (I have the XL and Large versions), but I wouldn't say I need them.  In fact I rarely use them these days.  Cool toys tho.
  • EzraBrooks
    Options
    Getting the basket significantly improved my wings.  They come out perfectly crispy every time with no cornstarch needed.
  • jdMyers
    jdMyers Posts: 1,336
    edited December 2020
    Options
    So.  I had the same thought.  I have rotisseried everything.  Shrimp, chicken, ribeye, turkey, cornish hens, pork, mussles, ribs, etc  The type of basket matters.  The wide spacing baskets shrimp falls out.  The tight net mesh ones wings flip as they rotate.  Spray with non stick spray for easier cleanup.  Wings removed and dipped in the fryer come out extra crispy.  Go for ir.

Columbus, Ohio
  • EzraBrooks
    Options
    +1 on shrimp.  I also really love throwing in cut up smoked sausage, potatoes, green beans, and other veggies an spinning them all together.  Great healthy and easy dinner everyone loves.
  • vb4677
    vb4677 Posts: 686
    Options
    A flat basket full of boneless, skinless chicken breasts for the win!  Wife and others love 'em that way.  Best way I've found to do BLSL breasts!  Whole chickens & turkeys come out fantastic as well!
    Kansas City: Too Much City for One State - Missouri side
    2 Large BGE's, Instant Pot, Anova Sous Vide, and a gas smoker...
    Barbeque, Homebrew and Blues...
  • Stormbringer
    Options
    @jdMyers what's the make/model of that basket please? I have a LetzQ rotisserie arriving just before Christmas, would like to get a basket for it.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    | Cooking and blogging with a Large and Minimax in deepest, darkest England-shire
    | My food blog ... BGE and other stuff ... http://www.thecooksdigest.co.uk
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------

• jdMyers
    jdMyers Posts: 1,336
    Options
    Amazon has it too.  But price wise 59 is cheaper.  
    Columbus, Ohio
  • sstripes96
    Options
    I did a boneless pork butt. Ive done quite a few the traditional way but the one on the Joetisserie was hands down the best one Ive ever done.
    Bud
    Large BGE
    Lawrenceville, GA
  • rekameohs
    Options
    Getting the basket significantly improved my wings.  They come out perfectly crispy every time with no cornstarch needed.
    Same here, though I still dust them first with corn starch, then air dry in the fridge.
    Raleigh, NC
  • U_tarded
    U_tarded Posts: 2,042
    Options
    I did a boneless pork butt. Ive done quite a few the traditional way but the one on the Joetisserie was hands down the best one Ive ever done.
    How do you set this up?  I’m curious pork but would be awesome spun.  How did you manage the grease?
  • Eggscuses
    Options

Pork belly porchetta. Sorry no finished pictures. 
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    Eggscuses said:

Pork belly porchetta. Sorry no finished pictures. 
    No finished photos...That’s soooo wrong.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • KiterTodd
    KiterTodd Posts: 2,466
    Options
    QDude said:
    For those of you with this accessory, has it upped your game?  I think that I would like to get one for doing whole chickens.  What else are you cooking with the Joetisserie?  Thanks in advance for your advice.
    I really enjoy mine.  It's just a different tool to use, but you no longer have to worry about burning things that you roast.  So, it's easy, fun, and the meat comes out great.
    If you didn't already order...  gidyup!

LBGE/Maryland
  • NDG
    NDG Posts: 2,431
    edited December 2020
    Options
    I like mine . . esp if you have nosey neighboors that sniff then come over to check out your cooks . . spinning meat over Flame is so damn cool. 

Still exploring mine, but IMO . . spinning Wings (I also use the napoleon basket) is a gamechanger & for Wing lover like me, this justifies the price alone.  Chicken Shawarma on spit was great also.  BUT Im positive I like spatchcock (raised direct or raised indirect) better than spinning full bird.  I have tried spin full bird twice, something off . . meat texture off & just felt a little greasy, or something.  I also have flat basket, so I want to try spinning flat spatch . . maybe that is the move?  Anyway, I hope this helps.  
    Columbus, OH

“There are only two ways to live your life.  One is as though nothing is a miracle.  The other is as if everything is” 
  • NDG
    NDG Posts: 2,431
    Options
    doing full beef tenderloin again for XMAS, now wondering if I could spin this B  :D
    Columbus, OH

“There are only two ways to live your life.  One is as though nothing is a miracle.  The other is as if everything is” 
  • gmanrva
    gmanrva Posts: 424
    Options
    NDG said:
    doing full beef tenderloin again for XMAS, now wondering if I could spin this B  :D
    Would be interested to see how that works out.
    LGE Mechanicsville Va, XLGE Wake Va., LGE Duck NC.
    Formely Gman2 before password debacle 
  • sstripes96
    Options

U_tarded said:
    How do you set this up?  I’m curious pork but would be awesome spun.  How did you manage the grease?

Sorry for the slow reply. I picked up a small boneless pork butt, mounted it on the Joetisserie, and let it spin. 225degrees, Direct, with no drip pan.
    Bud
    Large BGE
    Lawrenceville, GA
  • Mark_B_Good
    Mark_B_Good Posts: 1,516
    Options

U_tarded said:

Sorry for the slow reply. I picked up a small boneless pork butt, mounted it on the Joetisserie, and let it spin. 225degrees, Direct, with no drip pan.
    No grease fires?
    Napoleon Prestige Pro 665, XL BGE, Lots of time for BBQ!
  • Newport65
    Options
    It is on sale right now at Atlantic Grill Company (above link) for $170

Farmington, CT

LBGE

• onedbguru
    onedbguru Posts: 1,647
    Options
    My son gave me a joetisserie for Fathers Day last year and I have cooked chickens, turkey and one of my new favorite sandwiches, pit beef.  I have an Eye-of-Round curing to go on the jt this afternoon.  As others have stated, just another toy/tool in my arsenal of weapons to be used against proteins. :)