Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - Favorite Submarine ... er, Sandwich

Options
Ozzie_Isaac
Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,038
edited November 2020 in Off Topic
Title is to keep the Buffalo at bay.  Some gems have been sunk, what are your favorites?

Classic:

https://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1179202/devastated/p1

Here is a recent entry into Davy Jones Locker:

https://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1226318/it-s-not-october-any-more#latest
A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS

Comments

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    I think some people misunderstand what the Flags are for.
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options
    To synch with mobile device for offline reading,  right? 
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    Everyone hates a rat.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Eoin said:
    Everyone hates a rat.
    Do rat mother's love their rat babies?
  • PigBeanUs
    Options
    Rat mother’s what?
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    edited November 2020
    Options
    PigBeanUs said:
    Rat mother’s what?
    Sorry, apostrophe does not belong.  Luckily, this is not an English Literature forum, or else that would have been embarrassing.
  • PigBeanUs
    Options
    Excellent point. 

Thankfully, using English with basic proficiency is something to be expected only in English Lit forums. 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    edited November 2020
    Options
    PigBeanUs said:
    Excellent point. 

Thankfully, using English with basic proficiency is something to be expected only in English Lit forums. 
    Where is the line between basic and advanced proficiency?  Language, I believe, is used to convey ideas and concepts.  If one can decipher meaning from written or spoken word, does it not meet "basic" proficiency?

If a person is unable to decipher meaning when the simplest of mistakes is made, does that say more about the reader, the writer, or the language?
  • buzzvol
    buzzvol Posts: 534
    Options
    PigBeanUs said:
    Excellent point. 

Where is the line between basic and advanced proficiency?  Language, I believe, is used to convey ideas and concepts.  If one can decipher meaning from written or spoken word, does it not meet "basic" proficiency?

If a person is unable to decipher meaning when the simplest of mistakes is made, does that say more about the reader, the writer, or the language?
    TL;DR
    Lawrenceville, GA
  • PigBeanUs
    Options
    PigBeanUs said:
    Excellent point. 

Lighten up, Franci’s
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    PigBeanUs said:
    PigBeanUs said:
    Excellent point. 

Lighten up, Franci’s
    Eye sea what ewe did their.
  • PigBeanUs
    Options
    *wha’t

(FTFY)
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,467
    Options
    PigBeanUs said:
    Excellent point. 

Heh, 2/3rds of the English major graduates in this country are struggling to avoid the "Paper or plastic" jobs, and you slap them with logic!  :lol:  

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    Options
    Some 46 years ago my wife and I started vacationing out East since she taught American English in high school here and she loved to show pictures which we took/and had blown up as posters made of related sites, including famous authors’s grave sites!

Anyway...out East we found these things called subs and fell in love with them! Our favorites were Italian beef, grilled peppers, onions and banana peppers! It took many years before any reputable sandwich shops could get a foothold back here in IL
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Be warned gents.  The buffalo does not have the holidays off and he is rather upset about that.  He even took down a @lousubcap thread.
  • buzzvol
    Options
    RRP said:
    Some 46 years ago my wife and I started vacationing out East since she taught American English in high school here and she loved to show pictures which we took/and had blown up as posters made of related sites, including famous authors’s grave sites!

Anyway...out East we found these things called subs and fell in love with them! Our favorites were Italian beef, grilled peppers, onions and banana peppers! It took many years before any reputable sandwich shops could get a foothold back here in IL
    Off topic! 😜
    Lawrenceville, GA
  • buzzvol
    Options
    Coincidentally, I found a photo from the buffalo’s service days.

Lawrenceville, GA
  • Sheldon_Nigel
    Options
    Amazingly done, eggheads.  Sank an entire sub-forum!

https://eggheadforum.com/categories/off-topic
    Ruining Gaskets one cook at a time.
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    I prefer an Italian hoagie.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,420
    Options
    Y’all mean poboys?
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,467
    Options
    No, Grinders.  

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,896
    Options
    No, Hero sandwiches.
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.