Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Advice for generating half baked pizza please

Greetings-

I have been tasked with putting together a series of half baked pizzas that can be delivered to family/friends for a shared virtual celebration meal. Has anybody done this and what was your process? Do I cook at a lower temperature for normal length of time or normal temperature for a shorter length of time or other?

Appreciate any insight or recipes. Thanks and stay safe!

Cheers,

Chris
St. Louis, MO
Unit 1: LBGE, cedar table Unit 2:Akorn

Comments

• TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    edited November 2020
    Typically that means half baked crust. So what I would do would be to cook my crust in the oven at say 375-400. Make sure to poke some holes in the bottom with a toothpick so no bubbles form. Cook for say 5min then remove and let it cool. Then once cool add your sauce, cheese, and toppings and wrap in plastic wrap. Once delivered to its destination all someone has to do is throw in the oven at 400 for another 5-8 minutes and it’s done.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• Got it, thank you!
    Chris
    St. Louis, MO
    Unit 1: LBGE, cedar table Unit 2:Akorn