Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Duck

Options
Whats the best way to make a duck on the egg?  I was given one and my wife wont eat it so i might as well make it the way i would for myself?  Time, temps, and any help would be greatly appreciated!  Thanks

Comments

• CornfedMA
    Options
    Wild or domestic?
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Yeah, where are you getting the duck from?  How big is it?
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Grader07
    Grader07 Posts: 264
    Options
    CornfedMA said:
    Wild or domestic?
    Yeah, where are you getting the duck from?  How big is it?
    Domestic and unsure of the weight.  The guy told me they are feed good but once they get to many males they gotta get rid of a few.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,043
    Options
    Best way?  That is a fillosofokolly loaded question.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • TN_Egger
    TN_Egger Posts: 1,120
    Options
    First first you get a girl duck. Then you get a boy duck. A little Righteous Brothers, a bottle of Boones Farm...and viola!
    Signal Mountain, TN
  • CornfedMA
    Options
    Put it in the fridge or in front of a fan to get as much moisture off the skin as possible. Score the skin or poke holes in it. Don’t cut or poke the meat below. You’re just trying to give the rendered fat a place to go. A drip pan is an absolute must. I don’t season them with much. Salt and pepper usually. Roast at 400-425, maybe even 450 if it’s not a real big duck. Pull when the breasts hit med rare. If you don’t like med. rare take it to medium, but I don’t typically go past that with any duck, wild or domestic. If you want your wings, thighs, etc cooked
    more, carve the breasts off and put the rest of the bird back on until those parts are to your liking. If you’re using smoking wood, you don’t need much. A chunk maybe 2. Poultry, ducks especially, pick up smoke flavor very easily.