Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

How Mrs396 Passes the Time

Options
 Kinda left field here but I thought it was cool and thought I’d share.  Since Covid has cramped everyone’s style people have to find creative ways to pass the time.  
 Mrs3969 started painting themed bourbon and wine bottle and selling at a craft store. She’s really enjoying it which is awesome. We’ve gotten a couple of local bars onboard with saving their empty bottles. 

My favorite one is the Angels Envy Bottle 

And just some random ones. Evidently the Grinch has taken over Christmas 

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.

Comments

• paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,670
    edited November 2020
    Options
    That’s cool! Love it!

Options
    Super talented. Now I want to know what's written on that pink sticky above the light switch!
    canuckland
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    That’s some really creative work. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Really neat. Somewhat coincidentally, I just ordered a light to be placed inside a Swarovski-encrusted Moët bottle that was emptied long ago. If your wife is looking for alternative to the string lights, which are also cool, this one is kind of cool (albeit pricey, IMO).

• saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    Great work plus a good excuse to buy and drink more booze. 
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Was going to say she could solicit empty bottle donations from this forum, but I think she’d run out of space to store them right quick. 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,332
    Options
    That is artistic genius right there.  Thanks for posting.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    Was going to say she could solicit empty bottle donations from this forum, but I think she’d run out of space to store them right quick. 
    This all started with some empty Blantons and few rare shaped bottles we had saved from personal consumption. Now we have to solicit from from friends and have the couple of bars that save the bottles for her. So far even without person consumption she has a stockpile at the ready.  

analyze adapt overcome

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,512
    Options
    Super talented. Now I want to know what's written on that pink sticky above the light switch!
    At my house it would say something like “Turn off the f*cking lights!”
    Excuse the thread jacking.
    Haha, speaking of sticky note, there's one on our microwave door. Let's see if anyone can figure out why :s

canuckland
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    @Canugghead I guessing you can’t shut it because the safety thermo igniter coupler has a faulty program and will microwave constantly if the door is shut. 

analyze adapt overcome

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,512
    Options
    @Canugghead I guessing you can’t shut it because the safety thermo igniter coupler has a faulty program and will microwave constantly if the door is shut. 
    That’s an interesting thought but my microwave is in perfect working condition, the problem is me  :)

Here's the thing, over the years we had two microwaves died on us due to failed switches operated by the door latches. One of them was so scary that the fan would turn on at random when we opened the door, I thought we got nuked but Panasonic assured us it was just the fan, not magnetron. Being over analytical I figured by avoiding shutting and opening the door between uses I’d reduce the wear and tear on the switches by 50%  =)
    canuckland