Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT- Fun read on a Friday Night-OT

Options
lousubcap
lousubcap Posts: 32,375
Something to read and ponder...
https://digg.com/2020/false-facts-people-believe-reddit-thread 
In today's covid denial world I thought I would offer a few more topics to discount.

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.

Comments

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,085
    Options
    Didn't read, but just came in to disagree.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    edited November 2020
    Options
    Finally read it.  It is worse than I thought.  Disney hurled a bunch of lemmings off a cliff for "effect" in one of their nature videos.  Wtf @lousubcap .
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    edited November 2020
    Options
    I read them all.  I didn't see the debunking of how hair can grow on your palms, so I'll just assume that one is true.

I'll have to ask an expert.  @JohnInCarolina any insight here?

I read them all.  I didn't see the debunking of how hair can grow on your palms, so I'll just assume that one is true.

Mine are indeed pretty hairy but I’m pretty sure that’s just because I’m a werewolf.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • nolaegghead
    Options

Mine are indeed pretty hairy but I’m pretty sure that’s just because I’m a werewolf.
    So that's how to become a werewolf.  I always wondered about that.

Those are all pretty dumb things to believe.  The one about scientists not understanding how bees fly made me laugh.
  • lousubcap
    edited November 2020
    Options
    Just tossing a little something out there to round into the weekend.   B)
    Edit:  If you want to get quite a dose of wide reaching brief articles with links dumped to your email, check this source:  https://nextdraft.com/  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    Those are all pretty dumb things to believe.  The one about scientists not understanding how bees fly made me laugh.

"Dr Smith, we have a new hypothesis.  I know this might sound crazy, but we think it might be the wings."
    Totally unrelated: anybody know where a guy can get rib surgery?
  • dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,081
    Options
    They state in the question Daddy-Longlegs are spiders, then do not correct that myth.  Only six legs is the giveaway.
    What about Raquel Welch, did she have ribs removed?    Mr. Manson, I don't care so much about if he did.  Like him for his intellect.
    LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options

"Dr Smith, we have a new hypothesis.  I know this might sound crazy, but we think it might be the wings."
    Reminds me of that Kirk Cameron video that was circulating years ago, in which he and some other clown were describing the banana as an “atheist’s nightmare.” 😂
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    The 24 Most Important Flowcharts Of All Time  Atheism Atheist Atheist  humor
    Options
    PigBeanUs said:
    Ask Marilyn Manson.  I think he had a guy.  Korn might know too, but not sure if that was their thing.
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    PigBeanUs said:
    Ask Marilyn Manson.  I think he had a guy.  Korn might know too, but not sure if that was their thing.
    It used to be you could (rumored) at 4500 Magazine St in New Orleans.  But it's since been converted to office space.

Options
    PigBeanUs said:
    It used to be you could (rumored) at 4500 Magazine St in New Orleans.  But it's since been converted to office space.

Didn't Trent Reznor have a studio there?
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    PigBeanUs said:

Didn't Trent Reznor have a studio there?
    Yep.  And recording studio that everyone has played at.  Re-purposed funeral home.  Spooky.

Options
    Know what you call a fly with its wings pulled off?

A "walk".  

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,349
    Options
    dbCooper said:
    They state in the question Daddy-Longlegs are spiders, then do not correct that myth.  Only six legs is the giveaway.
    What about Raquel Welch, did she have ribs removed?    Mr. Manson, I don't care so much about if he did.  Like him for his intellect.
    They also mistakenly say that Longlegs/spiders are poisonous. They're wrong. Some may be venomous - venom is injected, poisons are ingested.

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    dbCooper said:
    They also mistakenly say that Longlegs/spiders are poisonous. They're wrong. Some may be venomous - venom is injected, poisons are ingested.

If you eat venom does it become poison?
  • lousubcap
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    dbCooper said:

Don't know for sure but it could kill you  B)  
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    What about neighbor issues?  My neighbor just put up a pole barn.  Now I have to look at it.

• PigBeanUs
    Options
    Sucks to be you. 

Also.
    sorry about the pole barn. 
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    Pole barn....is that where they keep the boy animals?
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    dbCooper said:

Dunno. Somebody should ask Dr. Science. After all, he has "a Master's Degree... in science!"
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    PigBeanUs said:
    Sucks to be you. 

Also.
    sorry about the pole barn. 
    I slept on this comment all night.  I have decided it was not nice.  You sir are mean.  I might just leave now.
  • PigBeanUs
    Options
    I’m no “sir”. 

You are kind to think I might be. 

• nolaegghead
    Options
    PigBeanUs said:
    I’m no “sir”. 

You are kind to think I might be. 

Doreen!  What did I tell you about staying in the barn at night!  And NO COMPUTERS!
    Options
    Interesting