Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

There is a God

Michiana, South of the border.

Comments

• Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Cool...
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Also that's what you call it when pigs do "the things"  (of course God frowns on that sort of thing).
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    Hmmm - not the first time I will be called stupid, but exactly WHAT is cream of bacon supposed to taste like? Bacon meat with bacon fat in some kind of cream-like filler such as Cream of Mushroom or Cream of Celery? AND just WHAT does one use Cream of Bacon for? LOL

Actually our mega-Kroger store has had trouble keeping any Campbell's soups in stock in 2020 and I swear they just keep letting the shelf space get smaller and smaller. It used to be there was a COOL huge multi-can roll down display rack - and now just some types bunched flat on the shelf and you have to look hard  to find even the seemingly most common/popular ones! I know I'm not going to find Cream of Bacon so I sure won't be looking for it!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,310
    edited November 2020
    Hashbrown casserole, Ron @RRP

MMM MMM Good
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• RRP
    ColtsFan said:
    Hashbrown casserole, Ron @RRP

MMM MMM Good
    Ok...so what is a hashbrown casserole? Got your favorite recipe you want to share?
  • DainW
    DainW Posts: 159
    RRP said:
    Hmmm - not the first time I will be called stupid, but exactly WHAT is cream of bacon supposed to taste like? Bacon meat with bacon fat in some kind of cream-like filler such as Cream of Mushroom or Cream of Celery? AND just WHAT does one use Cream of Bacon for? LOL

Actually our mega-Kroger store has had trouble keeping any Campbell's soups in stock in 2020 and I swear they just keep letting the shelf space get smaller and smaller. It used to be there was a COOL huge multi-can roll down display rack - and now just some types bunched flat on the shelf and you have to look hard  to find even the seemingly most common/popular ones! I know I'm not going to find Cream of Bacon so I sure won't be looking for it!
    Sounds like trying to buy bourbon where I’m at. 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,162
    @DainW - don't know where you are generally located but here in the near epi-center of the industry the perceived good and above products are scarce.  And the bonus-if you find one, the upcharge is impressive.   Happy hunting.   
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • I’ll tellya what, that can of soup has an equal chance of being the supreme being as any other entity, real or imagined. 

Real talk. 
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,427
    RRP said:
    Next week, 86% of All Americans will be baking Green Bean Casserole.  And think about that, with COBacon vs. COMushroom.  
    Take your time.   ;)  

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• RRP
    edited November 2020
    Botch said:
    RRP said:
    Next week, 86% of All Americans will be baking Green Bean Casserole.  And think about that, with COBacon vs. COMushroom.  
    Take your time.   ;)  
    86%? LOL - you got that number from stats supplied from the same pollsters who said...ah sh*t never mind...
  • nolaegghead
    RRP said:
    Botch said:
    RRP said:
    Take your time.   ;)  
    86%? LOL - you got that number from stats supplied from the same polls who said...ah sh*t never mind...
    You and Rudy have this truth all figured out....world just ain't fair!
    RRP said:
    Botch said:
    RRP said:
    Take your time.   ;)  
    86%? LOL - you got that number from stats supplied from the same polls who said...ah sh*t never mind...
    You and Rudy have this truth all figured out....world just ain't fair!
    LOL - but my barber can PROVE even at my age of 76 this is MY hair, My natural color and I still think @Botch has exaggerated 86%! 
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,427
    RRP said:
    Botch said:
    RRP said:
    Take your time.   ;)  
    86%? LOL - you got that number from stats supplied from the same pollsters who said...ah sh*t never mind...
    I did NOT!  I completely made it up!  

So THERE!  

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• RRP
    Botch said:
    RRP said:
    Botch said:
    RRP said:
    Take your time.   ;)  
    I did NOT!  I completely made it up!  

So THERE!  
    Oh crap! Now how will I prove that to my sister-in-law when she said she had better search all over down state Illinois to find that Cream of Bacon? D*mn, my man, you ought to be more careful! 

• nolaegghead
    Make a bechamel sauce then add bacon.
    lousubcap said:
    @DainW - don't know where you are generally located but here in the near epi-center of the industry the perceived good and above products are scarce.  And the bonus-if you find one, the upcharge is impressive.   Happy hunting.   
    I’m in Oklahoma City. It’s actually not a bad place for bourbon in that some stuff that is “allocated” in other states is relatively easy find. For example weller special reserve sits on the shelf and you can buy it by the case here. Elijah Craig barrel proof there seems to be plenty. Frustrating though bc Buffalo trace is “allocated” here but you can buy it in gas stations if you go over Missouri. Doesn’t make a ton of sense to me. By epicenter of the industry I take it you’re in Kentucky?
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,162
    @DainW - Thanks for the comments on bourbon availability.  Wish some of those were as accessible around here.  Yes, I live in the Louisville area.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,657
    count me in the 14 percent that never had this

Green beans with fried shallots in a serving dish

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • sumoconnell
    sumoconnell Posts: 1,932
    Cracker Barrel hashbrown casserole - Best there is IMO

2 pounds frozen hash browns, thawed
    1/2 cup butter, melted
    1 can (10.75 ounces) cream of chicken soup
    1 pint sour cream
    1/2 cup onion, chopped
    2 cups grated cheddar cheese
    1 teaspoon salt
    1/2 teaspoon pepper

Mix together and bake at 350 for about 45 minutes 
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Austin, Texas.  I'm the guy holding a beer.
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,310
    Get wild and crazy and sub that Cream of Chicken for the bacon :)
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• Teefus
    Teefus Posts: 1,203
    To those that have been wondering what this stuff tastes like.....

It's basically the same as Cream of Chicken except with Bacon Bits and Bacon Flavor instead of Chicken. It's really pretty Meh.
    Michiana, South of the border.