Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Damn Short Ribs

Options
Lit the XL at 10 am, stabilized at 250 with the plate setter in. 6lb rack out of the fridge for 3 hours went on at 11. Its 6 and they are at 155*. XL was running great all morning, left for an hour and I get home and the temp dropped to 180. Got it going again and its going sloooooooooow.
XL aka Senior, Mini Max aka Junior, Weber Q's, Blackstone 22, Lion built in, RecTec Mini 300, Lodge Hibachi, Uuni, wife says I have too many grills,,,,how many shoes do you have?

IG -->  matt_86m

Comments

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    Your patience will be rewarded. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,337
    Options
    Brisket on a stick-worth the wait.  Nailed 'em.  Congrats as your patience was rewarded especially since I have not seen that cut run that long.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • MasterC
    MasterC Posts: 1,373
    Options
    I would be very happy putting that on the table. Great job 
    Fort Wayne Indiana 
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    Wow those look great, I still haven’t found any beef ribs that weren’t really fatty.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Those look fantastic!  I would recommend running a bit hotter, maybe 275F.  Meat cooks faster and less likely to have a flame-out.
    Options
    Nice cook 🧑‍🍳 
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Nice ribs. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Mark_B_Good
    Mark_B_Good Posts: 1,516
    Options
    Woah, those look like beauties ... I'd have that for breakfast. 
    Napoleon Prestige Pro 665, XL BGE, Lots of time for BBQ!
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Wow! Those definitely look like they were worth waiting for.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Matt86m
    Matt86m Posts: 471
    Options
    Thanks for the good words all! This is what dinner was supposed to look like, it just happened 1 day later. Heated it up in the Anova Sous Vide

XL aka Senior, Mini Max aka Junior, Weber Q's, Blackstone 22, Lion built in, RecTec Mini 300, Lodge Hibachi, Uuni, wife says I have too many grills,,,,how many shoes do you have?

IG -->  matt_86m
  • gmanrva
    gmanrva Posts: 424
    Options
    Cheers to that.
    LGE Mechanicsville Va, XLGE Wake Va., LGE Duck NC.
    Formely Gman2 before password debacle