Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT- Small Inverter Generator Deal @ HD

Options
Posted a picture in the “what are you buying” thread but saw where it is only on sale for 12 hours. I figured someone else might be interested in the deal. Not bad for $250 off. 

Just trying to help yall spend some 💰💰😁.
LBGE
AL

Comments

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    I bought that same one a few years ago from Home Despot.  Still works great!

https://camelcamelcamel.com/product/B01M8L2RTS?context=search
    Options
    About one fifth what I paid for a Honda at Home Depot a few weeks ago. For $189 I would have made a different decision!
    New Orleans LA
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    Dondgc said:
    About one fifth what I paid for a Honda at Home Depot a few weeks ago. For $189 I would have made a different decision!

Keep in mind that Honda has twice the capacity.
    Options
    @nolaegghead That is great to know!

Also, it looks like the 2200 version is on sale for $319.
    LBGE
    AL
  • scdaf
    scdaf Posts: 176
    Options
    Keep an eye out around black Friday.  Few years ago, got the Sportsman dual-fuel 4000-3500 watt for $249, never been run on anything but propane and is great!

Problem with gasoline generators is, if you leave 3 drops of gas in them, they won't start 9 months later, when you need them.
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    Helps to run the carb dry....and the fuel tank if possible.
    Options
    Very true, and completely needless with propane.  Additionally, the storage life of propane is nearly infinite, compared to a few months with gasoline, even stabilized.

For those living in severe weather country, a multi-hundred gallon propane tank in the yard would take much of the inconvenience out of power outages, storm surge, not so much...

Good luck to all in the path of the storm.
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,617
    Options
    Oof, they say don’t use them above 3k ft elevation
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,346
    Options
    scdaf said:
    Very true, and completely needless with propane.  Additionally, the storage life of propane is nearly infinite, compared to a few months with gasoline, even stabilized.

For those living in severe weather country, a multi-hundred gallon propane tank in the yard would take much of the inconvenience out of power outages, storm surge, not so much...

Good luck to all in the path of the storm.
    I converted my Honda EU2000i to be able to use propane a couple years ago for the simple reason that propane doesn't "go stale".
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,043
    Options
    Legume said:
    What!?  Seriously?  Glad you pointed that out.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options
    Ordered.  I'm around 700-800ft of elevation.  My 3500W can rest every weekend as 1000W is plenty for what I am using it for.
    Thanks for the heads up.  
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • scdaf
    scdaf Posts: 176
    Options
    Legume said:
    Actually, if you contact the MFG. and let them know the altitude at which you'll be running it, they should be able to send you a different fuel jet, which is about a 5 minute job to swap.  Keep the original jet and be sure to put it back in if you drop to lower elevation.  Otherwise, it will run too lean and could seize.
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    scdaf said:
    Legume said:
    Actually, if you contact the MFG. and let them know the altitude at which you'll be running it, they should be able to send you a different fuel jet, which is about a 5 minute job to swap.  Keep the original jet and be sure to put it back in if you drop to lower elevation.  Otherwise, it will run too lean and could seize.
    Also good to know if you are a pilot. Or wish you knew if you were a pilot.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• nolan8v
    nolan8v Posts: 400
    Options
    I'm interested in having my portable generator converted to propane. 

Does anyone know of a company in Metro Atlanta that can convert a Honda EU7000IS gasoline generator to propane-fueled?
    "You can live in any city in America, but New Orleans is the only city that lives in you."
    Chris Rose