Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Sorta OT - A homemade wok burner

Options
Botch
Botch Posts: 15,471
Been following this french guy on EweTube the last couple days, he's an engineer who builds kitchen contraptions, and reminds me a bit of NOLA.  
I now have my BlueStar and don't need a separate wok burner, but I enjoyed this home project.  Can't understand why he bored holes in the outer wok ring, there was plenty of airflow underneath it in this setup.  Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfxkrrndtMQ

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

Comments

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,346
    Options
    Alex has a great channel. He's an electrical engineer by training but loves to cook and make/improve various kitchen tools/gadgets. Good sense of humor also.

One of my faves is hos Chinese pasta rolling machine and the improvements he collaborated with another YTuber to make.

Good stuff.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    This guy is funny.
    Watched his take on dry aging many months ago.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,670
    Options
    This video was pretty cool. I’m not a big fan of other videos i’ve seen from this guy.  French is my first language so I may have seen some of his earlier french videos, he may have improved with time and experience 🤷‍♂️

Options
    working on a way to tone the heat down for frying, but this hellfire is going to kickass for outside woking
    did chili on it this weekend and used a pizza stone and firebicks on top for a low simmer. ordered the leg extensions this week

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    Is that a burner starter on the bottom?
    South of Columbus, Ohio.