Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

ITS WOOSDAY!!!!!! - my turn to start again. ..

mad max beyond eggdome
mad max beyond eggdome Posts: 8,134
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
once again, my turkey wings and chili from sunday. ...and maybe just a couple of other random shots. . . HAPPY WOOSDAY ALL!!!![p]IMG_0700.jpg
IMG_0699.jpg
IMG_0703.jpg
IMG_0706.jpg[p]IMG_0709.jpg
IMG_0710.jpg[p]and a couple from the archives .. [p]escargot
DSCN0301.jpg[p]a particularly good prime rib roast
DSCN0600.jpg[p]and how about an egger or two. .[p]smokey with the spawn
spawnnsmokey.jpg[p]ken stone (blue smoke) and his better half diana (poqual)[p]bluesmokendianna.jpg[p]none other than the nature boy himself[p]DSCN0714.jpg

Comments

• jake42
    jake42 Posts: 932
    plank2.jpg
    <p />mad max beyond eggdome,
    plank3.jpg
    PlankPork1.jpg
    Plank2.jpg
    loin5.jpg

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,733
    100_1278.jpg
    tbones and seafood casserole
    100_1270.jpg
    some of those land snails
    100_1276.jpg
    always been catch and release so those snails are enjoyning a new home under the rosemary tree

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • 012207spunbird.jpg
    <p />mad max beyond eggdome, last nights dinner with DP's Shakin the Tree. That stuff is amazing on chicken....T

• BajaTom
    BajaTom Posts: 1,269
    9162f171.jpg
    Surf & turf. Scallops & strip steak. Good luck, Tom

• Newbs
    Newbs Posts: 188
    mad max beyond eggdome,[p]I'll throw some pics into the mix.[p]Here is my first Turkey a la Mad Max done for Thanksgiving '06.

ThanksGivingTurkeyOntheEgg06.jpg

Some tandoori chicken breasts
    tandoorichicken006.jpg

The tandoori chicken plated up.
    tandoorichicken008.jpg

Some tasty ribs.
    dadsmeat.jpg

Close up of the ribs.
    evenmoreribs.jpg
    And finally a delicious ham.
    Ham001.jpg
    Happy Woosday everybody![p]John[p]

• Roudy
    Roudy Posts: 431
    mad max beyond eggdome,[p]Last night was a simple supper of sausage pizza. My taste in pizza runs a little more exotic, but my daughters prefer I stick to the basics. I've been very tempted to try some of the pizza dough recipes floating around this forum, but on a weeknight there's nothing better than buying the Publix fresh pizza dough for about $1.70. The end result is quite good.[p]Roudy[p]Food.jpg

• Ribs1_07b.jpg
    got ribs?

• thirdeye
    thirdeye Posts: 7,428
    2bb49a9e.jpg
    <p />mad max beyond eggdome,[p]Chili and wings, chiles and wings ... sure, I can go there.[p]~thirdeye~[p]482a7b3f.jpg[p]2fc74072.jpg[p]aac1a601.jpg

Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
  • eggaholic
    eggaholic Posts: 309
    grip
    Chuck Roast becomes Pulled Beef.
    ChuckRoast3.jpg[p]ChuckRoast12.jpg[p]ChuckRoast7.jpg

• mad max beyond eggdome,[p]OK, I am a newcomer to the site..what is WOOSDAY? Obviously it has to do with taking shots of your latest cooks, but WOOSDAY??[p]Thanks,[p]Now excuse me while I slip into my Smoking Jacket
  • Bobby-Q
    Bobby-Q Posts: 1,994
    Newbs,
    I don't know why your handle is Newbs, I want to eat at your house!!

• gdenby
    gdenby Posts: 6,239
    mad max beyond eggdome,[p]A "happy to be searing in a January evening" shot:[p]JanuarySear.jpg[p]and some rib-tips with a cherry concentrate based glaze.[p]CherryTips03.jpg[p]gdenby

• Bobby-Q
    Bobby-Q Posts: 1,994
    Smoking Jacket,
    Woosday is a tribute to Woo Doggies, an outstanding person who is a very talented cook and photographer. He always posts pictures of his food, his yard, his friends, but never his wife for some reason.[p]Anyway Mad max started this little tribute day to great food and great pictures in honor of the talents of Woo Doggies.[p]Happy Woosday to you.

• Smoking Jacket,
    one of our most esteemed forum members and most excellent photographers is john "woodoggies" kovo....a couple of months ago someone got the bright idea to declare that every tuesday is now WOOSDAY, and we would have a thread of just pictures in honor of WOOSDAY. ..so far its been a lot of fun . .. [p]so pull out your camera, forget your wife and kids, and take some pics of your egg food and post em up here on WOOSDAY!!!

• 124431649-L.jpg
    <p />OK. I guess that makes sense (heck it makes as much sense as spending hour after after reading this forum, so let's at least look at the food)[p]These burgers and wings are my first attempt on the egg and I must say they were darn good.

• Celtic Wolf
    Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    mad max beyond eggdome,[p]Miss Penny's new home. [p].o0(Wonder if Max will see the METAL ash can under Humpty)[p]newhome-1.jpg[p]This is what a North Carolina Disaster looks like. Schools were closed because of this..[p]HPIM0266.jpg[p]The Pecan trees didn't care.[p]HPIM0267.jpg[p]HPIM0268.jpg
  • 61chev
    61chev Posts: 539
    mad max beyond eggdome,
    Can't wait for summerPicture542.jpg

• Celtic Wolf
    Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    61 CHEV,[p] I hope you can't wait for the fresh corn and not the Smoked Meat Loaf :) Otherwise we need to have a discussion with you HAHA
  • AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Celtic Wolf,
    That's what it looked like here yesterday. -RP

• mad max beyond eggdome,
    1216cookend.jpg
    Some 8lb butts

• WooDoggies
    WooDoggies Posts: 2,390
    JanuaryBrisket.jpg
    <p />Happy WoosDay![p]Sunday's 10 lb prime brisket a few hours before pulling off. I ate so much I could hardly move....[p]Cheers!
    john

• WooDoggies
    WooDoggies Posts: 2,390
    OneEyeAndWooKitties.jpg
    <p />Thanks Bobby for the nice words![p]Who says I never post a photo of WooKitties? Here's one of her and One Eye. [p]:~)
  • TheHulk
    TheHulk Posts: 157
    smoke.jpg
    <p />aaaaahhh...the aroma...
  • Newbs
    Newbs Posts: 188

Thanks Bobby-Q,[p]You're not the first to say this. I know that "Newbs" is used on this and many other forums to describe a newby or a rookie but Newbs just happens to be my nickname. I've been called Newbs for years. Looong before the internet and forums evolved. Its short for Newbigging...my last name. [p]Anytime you're up in Ontario feel free to let me know and I'll whip up something for you on the egg.[p]Cheers,[p]John "Newbs" Newbigging

• Talk about getting me hungry!
    Well I don't have anything from this weekend, but some from the past.[p]looks like I'll have to make it a goal to snap a shot a week and post it on Tuesday.[p]
    Enjoy[p]
    Garlic crusted prime rib at the camp[p]20060721%20camp%20prime%20rib.jpg[p]
    Low quality pic of some high quality ribs.
    Ribs%20almost%20done%20050202%20001.jpg[p][p]A buttery beefy vidalia anyone?[p]
    random%20264.jpg[p]
    Hickory smoked shrimp scampi sauce over linguini and "egged" home made italian bread[p]scampi%20with%20italian%20bread.jpg[p]No explanation needed here, we all know what this is.
    mmmm%20tenderloin.jpg

• AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    loin.jpg
    How about puff pastry coated pork tenderloin? -RP

• mad max beyond eggdome,
    Chuck roast, pulled beef, cooked yesterday:[p]IMG_0440.jpg[p]IMG_0441.jpg[p]IMG_0442.jpg[p]IMG_0443.jpg[p]Tasted good, even better using in tacos, enchiladas. AZ

• Smoking Jacket,
    Great post, glad to see you putting up the pic's. AZ

• BurntRaw
    BurntRaw Posts: 565
    mad max beyond eggdome,[p]A very expensive Prime Prime Rib[p]2006_1225X_MAS_Plus0022.jpg[p]Ready for consumption[p]2006_1225X_MAS_Plus0032.jpg[p]And the sun coming up over San Juan[p]2007_011307_Cruse0151.jpg
  • TRex
    TRex Posts: 2,714
    mad max beyond eggdome,[p]Happy Woosday! I'm a little late posting, but it's been a busy day. I've now secured both employment and a place to live!! Looks like retirement is over for TRex.[p]Now, on to food. I've posted most of these recently, but anywho . . .[p]Well, it was a chilly start to the week last week:[p]icytemp.jpg[p]After thawing out a bit, it was time for some ribs . . .[p]Rubbed with Dizzy Magic:[p]1-19-ribs1-web.jpg[p]Piled up high and ready to be devoured:[p]1-19ribs3.jpg[p]A closeup:[p]1-19ribs2.jpg[p]And after-dinner drinks:[p]swamis1-web.jpg[p]Since Max posted other eggers, here's some in my collection:[p]MIA Chubby and his (much) better half:[p]forum4.jpg[p]Car Wash Mike and his famous ribs:[p]forum12.jpg[p]Iron Egger MollyShark and her throw-down-winning lamb:[p]forum10.jpg[p]Honorary Texan Mad Max and his fabulous steamed fish:[p]forum2.jpg[p]The legend himself, Nature Boy, again denying that there is cocaine in his rubs:[p]forum7.jpg[p]And my favorite Egger of all, TRex Sr. and his two favorite vices:[p]12-2TRexSr.jpg[p]Cheers everyone![p]TRex