Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT Air fryer/toaster oven

Options
Looking for an air/fryer toaster oven combo for the basement to be able to cook up junk food/snacks during the course of a football game without having to run up and down stairs.  Might also use it for fried pickles or homemade nuggets every now and then.  Most reviews I have read are all over the place.  Anybody have one they really like?

Comments

• ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,338
    Options
    We love our Breville smart oven/air fryer. Not cheap but worth it
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• Sweet100s
    Options
    I had that Breville model.  It died after a static electricity snap.  It didn’t completely die - it would run for 10 min and then stop with no noise.  The time wouldn’t count down.  It would randomly stop and flash. 

Didn’t want another since it’s so sensitive to static. 

Bought a foodie ninja and love it.  It’s much wider (left to right) and can take bigger trays of veggies to roast.  It’s also shorter which I like.  2 trays of veggies in the Beville cooked much less evenly than 1 bigger tray in the ninja. 

, it heats up several times faster than the breville.  I’ve stopped pre-heating while I do prep.  I just turn it on and within < 2-3 min it’s to temp.

Love air roasted broccoli

I think it was $199.  

Make sure the one you buy has a “dehydrate” setting so it’s the latest
    The latest version has that and 1 other new feature that the old one doesn’t.
  • frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    Options
    We just got the Ninja Foodie Pro.
    https://www.amazon.com/Ninja-FG551-Dehydrate-Thermometer-stainless

So far so good. 
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • Moleman
    Moleman Posts: 372
    Options
    I'm looking at the breville smart oven as a gift for my son. I believe thats about the only negative thing I've seen. Most has been pretty positive, does that seem to be the concensus? thanks.  
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,615
    Options
    We have a cuisnart toaster/convection oven with air fryer - (LCD panel on controls, not the one with four knobs).  Came from Costco six months ago and will be going back when we get around to it.  It works ok, but the fan gets a very loud rattle about 60% of the time and you have to smack it to calm it the F down.  I’m sure it’s fixable but less than a year old, it’s going back.  Not sure what we’ll replace it with yet.
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Moleman said:
    I'm looking at the breville smart oven as a gift for my son. I believe thats about the only negative thing I've seen. Most has been pretty positive, does that seem to be the concensus? thanks.  
    We have had no issues and love our little Breville. There have been numerous threads about them here and most people love them and dont use their ovens much after they get them. I havent tried the air fryer oven though just regular one.