Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Spice grinders

Options
I just learned about conical burr grinders.  I have been using a blade grinder.  I have noticed a non-uniform grind a lots of fines with the blade grinder.

Do any of you use a grinder for spices?  I use a mortar and pestle when I absolutely have too.

https://perfectdailygrind.com/2020/05/conical-vs-flat-burr-coffee-grinders-whats-the-difference/
They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin

Comments

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,350
    Options
    I believe Alton Brown likes conical burr grinders for spices.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Should be a no-brainer.  The difference is like comparing a blender to a mandoline.

Edit: comparing a blade vs burr.  Not conical vs flat.
    Can only imagine that the burr would provide a better result. For coffee beans, no comparison between a Mr. Coffee flat blade grinder and a Krupps burr grinder for something like French press. Currently I still use the Mr. Coffee for herbs and spices, but then I am usually just making a powder. Mortar and pestle for something that does not need to be pulverized. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!