Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Jamaican Jerk Pork Tenderloin and Smoked Cauliflower

Botch
Botch Posts: 15,432
edited September 2020 in EggHead Forum
Pretty standard Jamaican Jerk Chicken marinade, whizzed up in the blender, and applied to pork tenderloin.  Also tried cooking a whole cauliflower head on the egg along with the pork.  I trimmed off the base/leaves but left it whole, brushed it with melted butter, sprinkled on some salt & pecker.  

2 (1 1/2-pound) pork tenderloins, trimmed, cut in 3 pieces each
1/2 bunch fresh thyme, about 1/3 cup picked leaves
1/2 chopped onion
1 to 4 Scotch Bonnet or Habanero peppers, seeded (I used 1, wish I'd used 2)
4 garlic cloves 
2 tbsp minced fresh ginger
1/4 cup white vinegar
2-3 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 tbsp brown sugar
1 tsp fine salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon cayenne
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
2 teaspoon ground allspice
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
*cook until at least 145 F. internal temp 

Here's my loins marinating and my head buttered:

A couple recipes said to roast the cauliflower for an entire hour at 400º, that sounded excessive, so I went for 45 minutes.  Nope, you wanna go an hour.  About halfway in I wiped most of the marinade off the pork and added it, raised indirect with oak* (the thinner tails of the pork had already hit 145 and were removed).  

I made up a quick sauce of fresh basil, light olive oil, red wine vinegar, a bit of Dijon, garlic and salt, for the veggie.  This one's a keeper, especially the cauliflower.

Thanks for looking!  

*Oh, and have any of you ever smoked with pimento wood (traditional with Jerk)?  Is it worth spending the nickel$ on?  I can tell the difference between some woods, but not so much, others.  

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

Comments