Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Sale alert: Creekstone bone-in short ribs on sale.

Comments

• Moleman
    Moleman Posts: 372
    Bought 3 packs before 8 am. Had an email with shipping confirmation within an hour. Question to all the experts. On bbq postmasters they had beef ribs and they were 7-8 bone. I often see on here plate ribs and another that are 3 bone mentioned here. And everyone including the judges strongly recommended removal of the membrane. Best of my recollection here is it’s not necessary on beef. I’ve cooked them numerous times from restaurant depot and they are always a hit. Never have removed the membrane. Just trying to learn. Thanks. 
  • dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    Damn, those look amazing!
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,795
    I done them both with and without membranes.  I honestly can't say that I have a preference.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,170
    I remove the beef rib membrane even on the big dino bone plate ribs.  I find it as easy (and sometimes easier) to remove as the pork rib membrane.  FWIW-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Meeeshigan22
    Meeeshigan22 Posts: 306
    edited August 2020
    I’ve never done the chuck section, only plate. How do they compare?

I can get a prime plate section for $8lb. 
    Highland, MI

L BGE, Primo, and a KJ Jr
  • carrda04
    carrda04 Posts: 83
    Ordered mine within 90 seconds of receiving my promo email. I was a little disappointed in the last pack I received, and subsequently had a great rack of Wagyu back ribs for a great price (the first I've ever had that were nearly as meaty as shorts). But couldn't turn this one down, and it's still fun to get the big brisket on a stick!
    LG BGE
    Camp Chef 2xburner

Twin Cities, MN
  • Moleman
    Moleman Posts: 372
    John I hope mine turn out half as visually appealing as yours. Wow is all I can say. I did buy some earlier today and did remove the membrane prior to vacuum sealing for the future 
  • JohnEggGio
    JohnEggGio Posts: 1,430
    They are back on sale!
    Maryland, 1 LBGE
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,324
    They are back on sale!
    Thanks for the info. Have been wanting to try them and ordered a couple packs just now.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk