Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Uhmmm....

Comments

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,864
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,942
    edited August 2020
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,162
    And the beat goes on!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,602
    What happened to uncle joe?
  • frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    Me too... Hey did you know that the Spanish flu of 1917 ended a war that didn't start till 22 years later
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,338
    We are once again left with a choice of a sh!t sandwich and turd burger. It amazes me the candidates that both parties collectively put up.
    Las Vegas, NV

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,162
    For you younger members...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQ_kLXTAxnQ  Yes, Uncle Joe is mentioned!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,427
    edited August 2020
    High School, and Faux News.

Hey, @thetrim /Steve, let's make this interesting.  
    If Biden wins and trump peaceably leaves the WH, I'll send you a check for $500.  If Biden wins and the above scenario(s) happen, you send me a check for $500.  If trump legitimately wins (still a very scary possibility to me), or either/both candidates die before the election, nothing happens.  Whomever has to write a check, leaves the forum for good.  @buffalo, we'll need your buy-in, a promise to ban forever whoever has to write a check, if anyone.
    Deal?  

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    Legume said:
    He died from a bad piece of cake.
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • Legume said:
    I remember the series finale, he was arrested and convicted of pandering Kate's daughters.  Guv'ner issued a pardon the next day.  Alternate script had fellow prisoner offing him.
  • Shady Rest Hotel, aptly named.  That Drucker guy dealing Horse in back room of grocery store, not a word ever said.  Why?
  • dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    Legume said:
    He went off to Fire Lake?
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • JohnInCarolina
    We are once again left with a choice of a sh!t sandwich and turd burger. It amazes me the candidates that both parties collectively put up.
    Who would make for a great Presidential candidate from each of the two parties, in your view?
  • JohnInCarolina
    From Wisconsin:

• Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,338
    Who would make for a great Presidential candidate from each of the two parties, in your view?
    I'm not sure that there were any "great" candidates in 2016 or 2020. If I were to get my pick out of the people that ran in 2016 for the RNC, it probably would have been Rand Paul. To me he represented a smaller form of government with less spending and less foreign intervention.
    For the 2020 DNC, Andrew Yang had some pretty progressive ideas. When I listened to his reasoning for his UBI plan, it didn't sound crazy to me. I don't necessarily agree with it, but I saw the reasoning. On a more personal level, he advocated more funding for police training. His idea that police should have at least a purple belt in some form of martial arts, specifically jiu jitzu, is a fantastic idea. I also liked Tulsi and don't think she really got a fair shake from the DNC because they do not like her for going at Hillary.

At the end of the day, presidential politics aren't my main focus. I am more worried about local and state elections. Everyone in Washington acts like children, D and R alike. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• JohnInCarolina
    I'm not sure that there were any "great" candidates in 2016 or 2020. If I were to get my pick out of the people that ran in 2016 for the RNC, it probably would have been Rand Paul. To me he represented a smaller form of government with less spending and less foreign intervention.
    For the 2020 DNC, Andrew Yang had some pretty progressive ideas. When I listened to his reasoning for his UBI plan, it didn't sound crazy to me. I don't necessarily agree with it, but I saw the reasoning. On a more personal level, he advocated more funding for police training. His idea that police should have at least a purple belt in some form of martial arts, specifically jiu jitzu, is a fantastic idea. I also liked Tulsi and don't think she really got a fair shake from the DNC because they do not like her for going at Hillary.

At the end of the day, presidential politics aren't my main focus. I am more worried about local and state elections. Everyone in Washington acts like children, D and R alike. 
    Thanks for the response.  I appreciate your perspective on this sort of thing.

I like Andrew Yang a lot.  I hope that he ends up playing a role in a Biden administration if that's the way the election goes. 

My view of national politics is to try and focus on the likely outcome in terms of policies I care about, rather than the personalities.  So I vote for the side where the policies that get enacted are likely to be the ones I prefer.  I am also a scientist by training and so I generally prefer to see policies that at least appreciate science and data rather than those that tend to dismiss it.  
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Wouldn't mind some Colin Powell/Condoleezza Rice or vice versa

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    edited August 2020
    Wouldn't mind some Colin Powell/Condoleezza Rice or vice versa
    We need a few more wars with no endgame to keep us occupied for the next 20 years.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,352
    Cruz Missile 2024
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,352
    GEN Mattis messed up by not running this year.  Mad Dog 2020 would’ve been too perfect. 
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    thetrim said:
    GEN Mattis messed up by not running this year.  Mad Dog 2020 would’ve been too perfect. 
    Best for him to wait for the smell of Trump to wear off.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Eoin said:
    thetrim said:
    Best for him to wait for the stench of Trump to wear off.
    FTFY
  • Eoin said:
    thetrim said:
    I hit you with the “off-topic” so you would have the very rare but coveted grand slam of flags in one comment. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Eoin
    Eoin said:
    thetrim said:
    I hit you with the “off-topic” so you would have the very rare but coveted grand slam of flags in one comment. 
    Thank you sir, appreciated.
  • Eoin
    Eoin said:
    thetrim said:
    Best for him to wait for the stench of Trump to wear off.
    FTFY
    It's getting that way. Soon it's going to be full open mass grave on a very very hot summer day stench.
  • dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,061
    6pm here, mail truck just went down the street.  Great, just great.
    LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • Eoin said:
    thetrim said:
    You guys...I think I might cry. I can feel the love. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,323
    Besides the apt observation about incompetence this test - fast, less intrusive, cheap -  is just what we need to help get things back to normal.

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk