Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New Egg owner

AtomicAtom
AtomicAtom Posts: 20
edited August 2020 in EggHead Forum
How did I live without this wonderful creation?? Here are a couple of amazing turnouts I've had. Any suggestions on what to cook next?

Comments

• jetman96
    jetman96 Posts: 127
    Try Turbo Ribs (link) or Turbo Butt (link).
    Cincinnati, OH
    Large BGE
  • StillH2OEgger
    StillH2OEgger Posts: 3,741
    Welcome aboard. That is some impressive work, right there! Almost anything you'd make in the kitchen you can make in a BGE. My suggestion is to go ahead and check off the pork butt or brisket box.
    Stillwater, MN
  • Thanks guys! Ribs was my first cook on the egg, and there is a reason I didn't post any pictures of them haha. Cooked them way too long, those turbo ribs look perfect! Brisket was another flop, I wrapped way too soon without it allowing to form a bark, turns out brisket makes good jerky... 
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,286
    Spatchcock chicken done raised direct and coated in Mickey’s coffee rub.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,162
    Welcome aboard and enjoy the journey.  Above all, have fun.
    Strong start right there.  Congrats.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,545
    Welcome.Fantastic looking cooks
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • fence0407
    fence0407 Posts: 2,236
    Welcome nicely done! I would suggest wings and ABT's. Perfect combo and an easy weeknight cook. 
    Large - Mini - Blackstone 17", 28", 36"
    Cumming, GA  

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,427
    Welcome!  How bout some details on that cheesy goodness in the first pic?  

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• Mark_B_Good
    Mark_B_Good Posts: 1,510
    I go with Ribs or a Prime Rib Roast.
    Napoleon Prestige Pro 665, XL BGE, Lots of time for BBQ!
  • @Botch

https://www.thewholesomedish.com/easy-breakfast-casserole/

45 min to an hour at 350, killer breakfast casserole and the egg made it even better!
  • @fence0407 what is abt? 

@Mark_B_Good a prime rib roast will definitely be in the near future!
  • fence0407
    @fence0407 what is abt? 

Atomic Buffalo Turds. Bacon-wrapped stuffed jalapenos. Fill with whatever you like!

Cumming, GA  

• fence0407 said:
    @fence0407 what is abt? 

Atomic Buffalo Turds. Bacon-wrapped stuffed jalapenos. Fill with whatever you like!

Oh my that looks delicious!
  • fence0407
    fence0407 said:
    @fence0407 what is abt? 

Oh my that looks delicious!
    You won't be disappointed! Search the forum or the Google for abt's and make them your own. Don't forget to take pics and share!
    Cumming, GA  

• Wow, you’ve done some great looking food.  I’m pretty new to the egg as well, but what I’ve found most impressive is how well the egg does long low and slow cooks.  To be able to not have to add fuel during a 12 or 14 hour cook is awesome.  

I think you should do a Boston Butt or Picnic Shoulder.  In fact, do both at the same time and give one to someone you dig.  

Another suggestion is a lamb rack:

XL BGE, Large BGE, Small BGE, Weber Summit NG                                                                                               
    Memphis  
  • What a great start on the BGE journey!!  Welcome Aboard!!
    Retired Navy, LBGE
    Pinehurst, NC

• How did I live without this wonderful creation?? Here are a couple of amazing turnouts I've had. Any suggestions on what to cook next?

Looks great.  I'm fairly new as well.  I've had to improvise with a couple of my bad cooks as to not be wasteful.
    Charlotte, NC with an XL BGE and Acacia Table
  • Wow, you’ve done some great looking food.  I’m pretty new to the egg as well, but what I’ve found most impressive is how well the egg does long low and slow cooks.  To be able to not have to add fuel during a 12 or 14 hour cook is awesome.  

I think you should do a Boston Butt or Picnic Shoulder.  In fact, do both at the same time and give one to someone you dig.  

Any tips for the rack of lamb?  This is on my list of things I want to try next.
    Charlotte, NC with an XL BGE and Acacia Table
  • ZacAttack said:
    Wow, you’ve done some great looking food.  I’m pretty new to the egg as well, but what I’ve found most impressive is how well the egg does long low and slow cooks.  To be able to not have to add fuel during a 12 or 14 hour cook is awesome.  

Any tips for the rack of lamb?  This is on my list of things I want to try next.
    Really easy:  on the one above I used  a course steak rub, and cooked raised direct at around 425F until internal temp was 125F.  I did this because I was cooking veggies on a grid above the lamb.  

Alternatively, you can sear direct for 4 or 5 minutes per side.  Then set aside and place your conveggtor in and add the lamb rack back and cook indirect until desired temp is reach.  The nice thing about this method is the guesswork is taken out because you can use a probe thermometer.

XL BGE, Large BGE, Small BGE, Weber Summit NG                                                                                               
    Memphis  

That looks delicious!! I've never had lamb but looks like I will soon
  • Mark_B_Good
    Mark_B_Good Posts: 1,510
    Wow, you’ve done some great looking food.  I’m pretty new to the egg as well, but what I’ve found most impressive is how well the egg does long low and slow cooks.  To be able to not have to add fuel during a 12 or 14 hour cook is awesome.  

Holy smackers that looks good! Well done man ... I mean it's medium rare, but also well done! LOL.
    Napoleon Prestige Pro 665, XL BGE, Lots of time for BBQ!
  • gpsegg
    gpsegg Posts: 427
    We do rack of lamb with Dizzy Pig Redeye Express. Indirect at 300-325 to internal of 125 degrees. Remove and cover. Remove ceramics and get BGE to 500 degrees. Sear 1 minute per side.
    George
    Palm Beach Gardens, Fl and Blairsville, Ga.