Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

PSA-SRF out of black grade briskets for the next 2 weeks-alternative; Heartbrand Beef- free shipping

lousubcap
lousubcap Posts: 32,168
Thought some may be interested in the SRF brisket shortage mentioned in the title.  Heartbrand Beef currently has briskets (Akaushi breed) and free shipping on any order thru 8/31.  The free shipping code:  FREESHIP20.  No affiliation with either company.  FYI- enjoy!
Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.

Comments

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,984
    Thank you sir.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • scdaf
    scdaf Posts: 176
    Thank you and please note "FREESHIP" must be capitalized.
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    The Cen-Tex Smoker Posts: 22,951
    edited August 2020
    This is awesome beef. They are raised and processed a few hours from me. Cparktx2 and I have bought a bunch of their steaks from a restaurant distributor over these past few months and they are as good as any I have ever had. Have not done their brisket yet. I can still walk into H-E-B and buy Wagyu for $6.99lb so until someone can beat that, I’m happy with what I have.  I think someone once said “better to be lucky than good any day”. Now who was that?

anyhow- if anyone is wondering,  Heartbrand comes highly recommended from this pirate of parking lot provisions. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • lousubcap
    @The Cen-Tex Smoker if i were half as lucky as you I would do the same thing.  But I'm not so I have to search out other sources.  And living in the land of brown water I can't get a break on that either.  Hosed in about every direction these days I reckon.   B)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • dmourati
    dmourati Posts: 1,265
    Good thing I've got two SRF Black briskets in the freezer...
    Mountain View, CA
  • lousubcap
    @caliking - last night you mentioned giving the Heartbrand site a look.  Way to press on and go beyond looking.  Sounds like a win-win although  4 boxes may necessitate a return to the site (free shipping thru August-just trying to help!).  
  • buzd504
    buzd504 Posts: 3,824
    caliking said:
      Note to self ... when on the forum, swooning over @DMW ‘s and JIC’s meat, and you happen to fall prey to a beef deal posted by someone here... make sure you check off something on SWMBO’s honey-do list. 

I bought a somewhat obscene amount of Heartbrand beef last night. Woke up early , and started working on these (3 more to go). Raised garden  boxes (western red cedar) custom made by moi, because kits online were a ripoff. 

Showed her this first one. Happy wife. She said something about I should get something as a reward. I quietly mumbled something like “I ordered some beef.”

Those are really nice, but what is she going to plant in Houston in August?
    NOLA
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    @buzd504 I don’t ask those questions. I just work here. FWIW , she’s been on me about these boxes since March =)

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    edited August 2020
    caliking said:
      Note to self ... when on the forum, swooning over @DMW ‘s and JIC’s meat, and you happen to fall prey to a beef deal posted by someone here... make sure you check off something on SWMBO’s honey-do list. 

I bought a somewhat obscene amount of Heartbrand beef last night. Woke up early , and started working on these (3 more to go). Raised garden  boxes (western red cedar) custom made by moi, because kits online were a ripoff. 

Showed her this first one. Happy wife. She said something about I should get something as a reward. I quietly mumbled something like “I ordered some beef.”
    They are like 45 minutes from your house. Wonder if they have a storefront? 
  • caliking
    lousubcap said:
    @caliking - last night you mentioned giving the Heartbrand site a look.  Way to press on and go beyond looking.  Sounds like a win-win although  4 boxes may necessitate a return to the site (free shipping thru August-just trying to help!).  
    I was “just looking” while on the Zoom chat last night. Not quite sure how so much ended up in my order. Not quite sure when I clicked the pay button either...

• caliking
    caliking said:

They are like 45 minutes from your house. Wonder if they have a storefront? 
    About 1h 45m . But I'm also lazy af. 

• My mom grew up in Flatonia, I spent my summers there as a kid. Just placed my first order, free shipping saved $25...
    LBGE, platesetter, Stoker wifi, StokerX Mac software, Pit Pal for iOS, @HerringBigEgg on Twitter, joined forum in 2008
    Austin, TX
  • My mom grew up in Flatonia, I spent my summers there as a kid. Just placed my first order, free shipping saved $25...
    i hear Flatonia is lovely in the summer time :)

most of Texas is.  
  • lousubcap
    I've never been near there unless I failed to recall a drive-by on my Central Texas brisket benders but their brisket is worth it.  Other reviews of their cuts extoll the same. You will be justly rewarded.  
  • blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    dear lord, i thank you for introducing me to this cast of characters.  i am especially grateful that our vice is BBQ and not cocaine, because they are a terrible influence.
    amen
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,352
    But do they ship with Fedex?
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • lousubcap
    Heartbrand uses UPS.  Packed yesterday, will arrive on Weds.  Unlike my five letter shipped package which is cruising within around 130 miles of my hoyse and has been since Saturday.  Nothing further needs to be said.  
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    edited August 2020
    lousubcap said:
    I've never been near there unless I failed to recall a drive-by on my Central Texas brisket benders but their brisket is worth it.  Other reviews of their cuts extoll the same. You will be justly rewarded.  

I don't think Flatonia would have been on your route unless you were going places I didn't know about. It's between San Antonio and Houston on I-10. Kind of No-Mans land out there.
  • lousubcap
    @thetrim - Heartbrand brisket has arrived (UPS).  The other FedEx package is now close as it at the local post office for delivery tomorrow.  Can't hose it much better unless it never makes it at all.  Thankfully it was not perishable.   B)