Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT If You Need Help OT

Options
In the last week I have seen someone attempt to jump off a freeway overpass, some successfully jump off a freeway overpass and sat with a 17 year old for several hours after he witnessed the result of his father taking his life. 
Please reach out if you are feeling some sort of way. I am always available. Just reach out.
The national suicide prevention number is posted below.
1-800-273-8255

Sorry to be a drag, but this week sucked.
Las Vegas, NV

Comments

• JohnnyArms
    Options
    Good advice. I’m so sorry you had to witness that. There are solutions for everything. Nothing is impossible. 
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Sorry man. Thanks for being out there. The world is a better place because you are. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • StillH2OEgger
    StillH2OEgger Posts: 3,748
    Options
    This is a good reminder. Wish it wasn't so imperative that resources are available or the need so great, but I can't imagine anything in the past few months has helped the mental health of those who are struggling. Thanks for all that you do.
    Stillwater, MN
  • frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    Options
    You are a good man sir. Life comes down to making a difference. You sir make a difference every day. Thank you.
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,625
    Options
    No words.  Or hardly any words.  

Thank you, for all of it.
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,300
    Options
    @Battleborn, I couldn’t like your post because I didn’t like what you had to go through. Instead I just agreed that it sucked. Many are unemployed, my extended family is facing two divorces , a probable bankruptcy, and extending it out a bit further an eminent lung cancer death, and 4 cases of Covid. I tell the younger generation that this will always pass as long as they work  and stick around until it does. 
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    I’m sorry you have to experience that. You have a heavy burden being out there and dealing with these crisis. There are a lot of folks dealing with difficult situations. If YOU ever need to talk we’re here. PM me anytime. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • EagleIII
    EagleIII Posts: 415
    Options
    Thanks for doing what you do and for making a positive difference in the world...
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    I can’t imagine having to deal with such situations. These are trying times, for all ages of people. 

Thank you for doing what you do. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,086
    Options
    In the last week I have seen someone attempt to jump off a freeway overpass, some successfully jump off a freeway overpass and sat with a 17 year old for several hours after he witnessed the result of his father taking his life. 
    Please reach out if you are feeling some sort of way. I am always available. Just reach out.
    The national suicide prevention number is posted below.
    1-800-273-8255

Sorry to be a drag, but this week sucked.
    Make sure you reach out too.  I have many LEO friends.  You all need to talk, vent, etc too.  My friends are some of the toughest bad a$$es I know.  It gets to them too.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,378
    Options
    Way to reach out with personal experiences.  Helps give your message more impact.  Definitely a heart-felt thank you for answering the call and doing what you do every day.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.