Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT- how businesses can adjust to Covid-19 -OT

lousubcap
lousubcap Posts: 32,168
I just thought that in view of all the down-sides the current situation is ( and for sure it is), there is some creativity out there:
https://www.fastcompany.com/90531256/drive-through-strip-clubs-are-a-thing-now?utm_source=nextdraft&utm_medium=email    
Perhaps a smile...
Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.

Comments

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,867
    Drive-through strip clubs... what could possibly go wrong?
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,338
    Some people go just for the chicken wings...or so I hear.
    Las Vegas, NV

• alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,597
    I think it is strange that I can no longer find a active case count in my county.  Or any county for that matter. The only option I am seeing is total cases.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    I think it is strange that I can no longer find a active case count in my county.  Or any county for that matter. The only option I am seeing is total cases.
     Have you seen this? You can look up any county, in any state. USAFacts.org has different visualizations, too.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/cases-updates/county-map.html 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • alaskanassasin
    edited July 2020
    Yes @caliking that is a total running number of cases not the actual active case count
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    Yes @caliking that is a total running number of cases not the actual active case count
    Sorry... didn't read your question carefully enough.

What about the OH DOH dashboard? You can see numbers by county. Subtracting the deaths and "presumed recovered" from the total cases should give you the "presumed" active cases?

https://coronavirus.ohio.gov/wps/portal/gov/covid-19/dashboards/overview

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • alaskanassasin
    edited July 2020
    A very useful number to me personally was how many actual active cases there are in our county.   It used to be easy to find and I don't know why they are withholding that information now.
      On the ODOH website they list total cases since they started recording, confirmed, probable, deaths, hospitalizations, ethinicity and race.
      Thanks for digging in @caliking

South of Columbus, Ohio.

• blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Active cases would presume we have a list of everyone who's been infected, and someone updates it when they are considered recovered.  At a state or national level, that's hard/impossible to do.

At more local levels, we have a few things we look at to get a sense of active cases.  Daily positivity rate for one. This number can be skewed by availability of testing as well as criteria for testing. (If we are short on tests, and you have clear symptoms, and you spent the weekend with your Covid+ friend, you may not get a test).  You can also look at current hospitalizations- but this emphasizes older/sicker populations, as most young healthy people won't need hospital admission.

To me, a few other measures are important.  Deaths from Covid or flu-like illness:  I don't want to lose my friends and family.  And hospital capacity. When we get overwhelmed with Covid patients we can't take care of everyone else.  Not a good feeling.

Sorry for my rambling.  I could have prepped a chicken ballotine faster.
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,168
    @blind99 - You have to be good with a knife (and not use it very much) to crank out a chicken ballotine faster than posting that thread.  And just to throw a curve-
    Here's the master, Jacques Pepin and the chicken:   B)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ku5p1CcGn70  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,286
    Yeah a cousin's husband just got diagnosed. Worse his granddaughter goes to my sister's daycare and is best buds with my sister's grandson there.Seven degrees of separation as they say. Another cousin's daughter spent a weekend in another town with her boyfriend and now he has been diagnosed. As I told someone recently, you aren't going to keep 15 to 18 year olds apart from their girlfriend/boyfriend for very long unless you brick in the door and window of their bedroom.
  • blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    @lousubcap that’s exactly the video! I could watch it over and over. I had my wife rewinding it while I tried to follow. I think we did a forum throwdown a few years back? That guy is amazing. 
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • StillH2OEgger
    StillH2OEgger Posts: 3,741
    Yeah a cousin's husband just got diagnosed. Worse his granddaughter goes to my sister's daycare and is best buds with my sister's grandson there.Seven degrees of separation as they say. Another cousin's daughter spent a weekend in another town with her boyfriend and now he has been diagnosed. As I told someone recently, you aren't going to keep 15 to 18 year olds apart from their girlfriend/boyfriend for very long unless you brick in the door and window of their bedroom.
    Hoping for the best possible resolution in each of those cases.
    Stillwater, MN
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Add the first cousin mentioned’s daughter to the list. All except the husband of the first cousin are relatively young to teenage.
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Hoping for the best possible resolution in each of those cases.
    Yeah we probably will have a non Covid related funeral sometime in August. A case of spreading lung cancer a few years after a prior case of breast cancer. My youngest uncle’s wife and grandmother to the girl who went to see her boyfriend. So she probably won’t be able to see her grandmother again.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,428
    blind99 said:
    @lousubcap that’s exactly the video! I could watch it over and over. I had my wife rewinding it while I tried to follow. I think we did a forum throwdown a few years back? That guy is amazing. 
    That one, I haven't seen before now.  Bookmarked, and will be studied a lot over the next couple days (I have trouble removing the meat off a fully-cooked KFC thigh).  Thanks, Cap'n!  
    (and I can see trying this and stuffing it with mexican choriso, as a modification of my original attempt)

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure