Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Can't wait to try some Waygu...

Options
HeavyG
HeavyG Posts: 10,349
That's not a misspelling. Waygu is a meatless plantbased riff on beef wagyu for the vegan crowd. Testing has been going on for a while and it appears that it will become available in some markets (check with your parking lot guy)  in the next couple months.

https://vegconomist.com/food-and-beverage/japanese-master-chef-hidekazu-tojo-is-seriously-impressed-with-vegan-wagyu/

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

Comments

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,485
    Options
    PHOTOS or it didn't happen.  :tongue:  

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,378
    Options
    Yes, I am old and have a yard.  So, with that going I admire the play.  I will likely try once the market is saturated and "you've gotta try this" is main-stream. One time...
    BTW- I drive a naturally aspirated V-8 powered car and "beef, it's what's for dinner."  The future for me is the weekend.   B)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,485
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    The future for me is the weekend.   B)
    Help a noob out:  How do you tell it's "the weekend"?   =)

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• HeavyG
    Options
    Botch said:
    lousubcap said:
    When all your neighbors cars are still in their driveways when you wake up.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    Botch said:
    lousubcap said:
    When all your neighbors cars are still in their driveways when you wake up.
    Isn’t that tougher now?  I haven’t set foot in the office since 3/13, and I only went in then to get some things the wife and I would need during an anticipated long stretch of remote work.  I can’t imagine that I’ll be back before Labor Day, and I wouldn’t be too surprised if it’s kept closed until next year sometime.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,757
    Options
    i can still remember hearing church bells and knowing it was sunday
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,757
    Options
    done the vegan beef, cant try and fool me again =)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options

In the words of the the great Myron Mixon- That stuff tastes like cat food and ass
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • HeavyG
    Options

In the words of the the great Myron Mixon- That stuff tastes like cat food and ass
    Don't want to know why Myron would know that.

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,086
    Options
    You know how pissed off I would be if my grocery order showed up with Waygu instead of Wagyu.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,378
    Options
    @Ozzie_Isaac - just train your staff on the difference so you won't be pi$$ed.  I'm sure you high-rollers can hire someone to train someone to know and purchase the correct product  =)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,086
    edited July 2020
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @Ozzie_Isaac - just train your staff on the difference so you won't be pi$$ed.  I'm sure you high-rollers can hire someone to train someone to know and purchase the correct product  =)
    You have no idea how hard it is today to find good help.  Seems simple, but as @SGH likes to say, "You can put coveralls over your anus, but doesn't mean you will get a good shave".
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS