Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Outdoor TV cover / case recommendations

etherdome
etherdome Posts: 471
Does anyone have an outdoor TV cover or case that they are super happy with? Looking at getting an outdoor TV. I should add that the proposed location is not under solid shelter. But not directly exposed to the elements either. Against a house under a beam under a pergola with 1 inch lattice holes.
Upstate SC
Large BGE,  Blackstone, Weber genesis , Weber charcoal classic

Answers

• etherdome
    Sorry for the sideways picture. Wouldn’t let me do it any other way. 
    Upstate SC
  • I’ve researched and debated this same idea every which way possible and can’t justify buying an outdoor tv or a high end weatherproof enclosure to put it in that I would feel comfortable with in our heat and humidity. My new plan is to buy a quick release bracket and a matching quick release bracket for my garage. I’ll move it when we want to use it. HD TVs are light enough now that it won’t be a problem to move it. Only thing I need to figure out is what to do with the catv wire when it’s not in use. Still working on that one. 
  • etherdome
    Good idea and thanks . No catv required here. Just a plug. We use internet based tv. YouTube tv to be specific . 
    Upstate SC
  • GregW
    GregW Posts: 2,676
    etherdome said:
    Good idea and thanks . No catv required here. Just a plug. We use internet based tv. YouTube tv to be specific . 
    I'm a previous Youtube Tv subscriber. What are your thought's on the price increase?
  • etherdome
    GregW said: the 
    etherdome said:
    I'm a previous Youtube Tv subscriber. What are your thought's on the price increase?
    I have not completely digested it yet but it’s still worth it to me at the moment. They have a great channel selection plus it’s portable and you don’t have to deal with all those BS advertisement channels and spam in the TV Guide. With cable providers it’s hard to tell what channel is that you even have. It’s also worth it to me to not deal with the horrendous and deceitful  customer service of AT&T. One thing is for certain, I will never be in AT&T customer again. I am open to other avenues but I really like the Internet-based. If they had the weather channel it would be literally perfect for me. Ha ha. I imagine I will be searching around for a better deal before too long because that’s just what I do. 
    Upstate SC
  • Webass
    Webass Posts: 259
    We have a Vizio bracketed high on our screen porch.  It doesn't get direct sun or rain but it's definitely in the outdoor temps and humidity.  It's in a corner close to the perimeter of the screened porch. it's been exposed to temps ranging from 10-95. We've had it there for 8 years with no problems other than I have to get on a stool and dust it every now and then.  When considering it, I called Vizio and they had no info indicating it would effect the TV and they've been right. 

I did buy a cover initially from The Cover Store but only used it when we were gone for an extended time.  It's a well made, reasonably priced product though I haven't used it in probably 5 years. 

https://www.the-cover-store.com/tv-covers/outdoor-tv-covers 

Lenoir City, TN -  Bama fan in Tenn Vol's backyard. 

LBGE, Weber Spirit