Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Sugar-Busters (Thanks K-o-C) BBQ Diet

Gfw
Gfw Posts: 1,598
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
After the posts last night I went to my local B&N (I don't frequent Amazon any more) and got a copy of the "Sugar-Busters!" diet - I have only had a chance to review the acceptable and unacceptable food lists but I'm liking it already - I initially went on the Atkins diet in the early 70s and again a few years ago - no question that it works for weight loss. The problem is the short list of foods that fall into the acceptable category. [p]This diet has a much greater variety (DR. CHICKEN IT EVEN INCLUDES YOUR FAVORITE, SWEET POTATOES!) of foods including most of my favorites - for me the hard part will be giving up the popcorn, but it does allow a few cups of coffee each day. [p]Over the next few months I'm going to give it a "healthy" try and watch the results - since I get a blood/cholesterol test about ever 4-6 months and the next is scheduled in 6 weeks, I hope it works fast.[p]

Comments

• Gfw, good luck with it. I have only been on it for a month or so, and my next visit for blood-work is in mid March. I guess then I will have a better idea of how it's working for me. My wife lost weight already but I never get on the scales anyway so I can't tell except my pants waist is a little more comfortable. My inlaws have documented medical proof that it made a world of difference in their blood tests and substantial weight loss. They feel and look pretty good,,,,, for inlaws, that is...

• Gfw,
    If I have to go on a sweet potato diet,,,,,,, there will be a cheap Egg or 3 fer sale! (at my estate sale!)[p]Dr. C