Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Brisket Question

Options
Well it has been awhile and SWMBO is wanting a brisket for the 4th. I picked up a 10lb. packer and was curious as to how long you fellas thought it would take to cook at 250°-275°. As always thanks for the help. 
Midland, TX XLBGE

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,392
    Options
    PM sent that will answer your question and also contains a whole lot more info that you can do with as you wish.  Enjoy the cook.  The most fun you can have on the BGE.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • carrda04
    carrda04 Posts: 83
    Options
    The cow drives the cook and all that, but for best estimation purposes you'll have to see how much you need to trim. I had a 13 pounder that probably lost 3-5 pounds and she took well under 10, and I think closer to 8.5. That was probably very quick, and definitely less time than I estimated. 

If you end up around 8 pounds on the egg, you could run anywhere from 8-12 hours, though likely not at or exceeding the higher end at 275. I tend to think if you hit within 2 hours of the time you allot, you can hold it just fine.

Best of luck. 
    LG BGE
    Camp Chef 2xburner

Twin Cities, MN
  • blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Options
    FWIW
    my last packer was probably about 10#.  I put it on about 7 AM and it was done around 4 PM.  Cook temp was around 255.  you can see on the graph below it started to come out of the stall around 1 PM. Around 3-4, most of it was probing buttah and I declared victory.

Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle