Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Garlic rosemary burgers with taleggio cream sauce

Stole/modified this from milk street radio podcast. Brought 6.5oz heavy cream to a simmer, added 6.5oz cubed taleggio cheese, covered, removed from heat. Stirred every few minutes until melted. Strained through a mesh strainer and added some sautéed mushrooms. Made a basting sauce of 1/4 cup coconut aminos, tallow (rendered from this weekend’s brisket trimmings), garlic and fresh rosemary. Mixed 1 tbsp of basting sauce in with 21ozCostco organic ground beef, formed 3 7oz patties. Brushed patties with basting sauce and a bit of salt. Onto grill indirect at 225 with some pecan and cherry chunks. Smoked to internal of 120, basting every 10 minutes and flipping at 100 internal. Then removed plate setter, dropped grate to firebox and cranked to 500. One more baste, then onto grate, flipping every 30 seconds to internal of 131. Served on lettuce wraps (I’m keto) with iceberg wedge and bleu cheese dressing. Effing delicious. 

Comments

• StillH2OEgger
    StillH2OEgger Posts: 3,741
    Some impressive work, right there. Looks great.
    Stillwater, MN
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    The taleggio cream sauce sounds great. We love “stinky cheese”. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    edited June 2020
    Double post - sorry
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,429
    Yeah, wanted to ask, does the smell go up as you heat it up?  
    Bet it was delicious!  

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• cdnewman
    cdnewman Posts: 88
    So the taleggio in the cream sauce is both heightened (smell), but mellowed (flavor) if that makes sense. And it really plays off the rosemary in the baste.
  • SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    I just heard this recipe discussed on the Milk Street podcast on the way back from lunch. Though I still enjoy ATK/CI, they seem to have lost a bit of their soul when Kimball left. 
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave