Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cheekin and taters

Options
johnnyp
johnnyp Posts: 3,932
edited June 2020 in EggHead Forum
Spatchcock chicken with duck fat potatoes. 

Chicken seasoned with lemon pepper seasoning and potatoes seasoned with salt, pepper, onion and garlic powders, with crushed garlic cloves and duck fat. 

No plated pics. Served with leftover veggies. 

XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA

Comments

• loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    Options
    finger licking good!
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • Leopoldstoch
    Leopoldstoch Posts: 1,182
    Options
    Good looking cook! I’m sure the results were great!

Brandon - Ohio

• SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    That’s top notch eating right there. Little touches like the duck fat can elevate simple meals to a whole new level. Well done. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • bubbajack
    bubbajack Posts: 1,098
    Options
    You had me a duck fat.......
    I drink cheap beer so I can afford good bourbon.

Salisbury, NC...... XL,Lx3,Mx2,S, MM, Mini BGE, FireDisc x2. Blackstone 22", Offset smoker, weber kettle 22"